Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anyone like anything about any hunting show?

Old 08-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Does anyone like anything about any hunting show?

Seems a lot of negativatiy around this place in this regards, figured I'd try a positive thread.

I'll start....
I like the drury's analysis of why they do what they do, and have a purpose for each spot.
I like Michael waddell, & Lee & Tiffany cause thier shows include more behind the scenes and goofing around stuff that goes along with a hunt.
I like the Primos guys cause they flat out have fun hunting, and are dang good.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Does anyone like anything about any hunting show?

I like Tiff in her swimsuit shooting a bow at carp!................... WHAT Like You Didn't!!
Old 08-24-2006, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

I like a lot of hunting shows also. Its just that theres so many gay ones out there that they overshadow the good ones. I like primos the best prolly..and drurys. Getting close and roger ragglin are a few more I like to watch.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:36 PM

Thank you, Thank you, for this post. Man I am so tried of all the raging of late that goes on.

Ten years ago all of us were dieing for hunting showsand if yousay you were not you are lieing.I know how bad I wantedsee them more than once a year on a stupid public access channel. Now that we have it we bad mouth it. Blows my mind that were are not more Supportive.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

rybohunter,
I watch them.. I like alot of them. I don't get the bashing thing either. This actually kinda irks me.
I don't like reality shows, so ya know what I do, I DON'T WATCH THEM! It's that simple, turn the channel.

We talk about fighting anti's and losing land, and then we bash every hunting show we see. How many tree huggers are sitting around watching hunting shows? Not that many..so we publicly bring any percieved short comings of these shows to the forefront ourselves. Simply outrageous, in my humble opinion!
Old 08-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I am in total agreement!

(I just want to see the deer fall...) [8D]
Old 08-24-2006, 12:45 PM
Dominant Buck

I like when that double bull guy tries to do the back flip and lands on his head.

Other than that.......I hate everything about all of them.

J/k.....It's just like every other part of life.....there's good and bad. I try not to let them get to me.

Jeff
Old 08-24-2006, 12:46 PM

There are a few hunting shows out there that I feel are worth watching (Road Trips, Dream Season, Knite & Hale, Spirt of the Wild). But for the most part, they are all "TV stars" and not hunters. They have big money backers (sponsors), pay big bucks to go to a deer farm with very little to no hunting pressure, have a guide do all the work for them and than they try to give us the impression that they are real hunters. Bullsh*t!

Let's seethemdo their own scouting, set up their own stands, and hunt in the same hunting pressured woods that most of us do and see how they do. I'd bet that anyone of us "common hunters" would do just as good, if not better than those gorified TV stars!
Old 08-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only shows that I do not like are the ones that show nothing more than animal walking in, animal being shot, animal dead. I really enjoy the Drury deer videos and the Primos elk videos. I feel like I can learn something from them, and they are just flat out well done. I also like the Archer's Choice for its fun approach to hunting. They also have that McKensey (spelling?) target thing showing where the arrow impact was, and it seems that they actually tell the truth there. Overall, I love watching hunting shows. Great to fletch arrows to
Old 08-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is (was)my favorite fishing show - sorta off-topic, but anyway...

There used to be this fishing show on a couple years ago called "Fish On!" It was totally awesome - a huge boatload of superhot chicks in skimpy bikinisfighting monster fish.

Either the chicks were genuinely good fishermen, or they were really good actresses, because they sure acted like they knew what they were doing. They had like 3-4 girls from all over the U.S., and they traveled the globe in search of big gamefish - and man did they ever look good doing it.

I have no idea why, but the show only lasted one or two seasons. It was the only outdoors show that I made a point to watch in college. My buddies who didn't even fish used to watch it. Matter of fact, I know at least two guys who started fishing just because of that show. LOL

This is all I could find on it:
http://www.answers.com/topic/fish-on-tv-series

Quick Reply: Does anyone like anything about any hunting show?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.