Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anyone like anything about any hunting show?

Old 08-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Does anyone like anything about any hunting show?

I like Ralph and Vicki's Bushnell yardage view.....

I wish more would show the time at the shot, and the time when they leave for recovery. They falsely show a shot and a recovery....sometimes it's the next day.

Old 08-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, GREAT show!
Old 08-24-2006, 01:07 PM

I don't know how many of you have received any ofDouble Bull's "Another Year on the Ground" videos, but I have to admit they are my favorite.

All the emotions after the shot are completely genuine, they show the shots in slow motion, they offer tips for the average ground blind hunter, they offer a wide variety of game being hunted (including geese and buffalo). Did I mention that the DVD includes two discs with over 2 hours of footage on each one? That's four hours of strictly bowhunting footage.

I received mine for free when I ordered their catalog, if you haven't had a chance to see the video, try ordering their catalog and see if they don't send it to you as well.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

I just recently became acquaited with a guy who does professional hunting and has his own TV show on OLN TV. I built his website thinking, great another hunting show. Come to find out, it's very educational and the video/photography is done really nice. The setting of the show is Steve Scott (Host) as an instructor at a universityexplaining to students why we hunt and how it benefits everyone. He'll then show some of the hunt, then go back and explain why he did the things he did during the hunt.

http://www.stevescott.tv

Steve is also a HUGE safari hunter and will have a show this spring on OLN TV or Versus whatever they're being called now.

I make sure my DVR is set to record it every week!

Old 08-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

I just bought 100% Wild Fair Chase with the wildlife eye advertiesment on it.
I liked most of the hunts, I especially liked the one where the guy got so excited he said he felt like he was going to puke. They seem like some good guys that work hard year round for the trophies that they get.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Typical Buck

Oops, guess that isn't a show, but if you guys wanna check out a good DVD...it is a pretty good one
Old 08-24-2006, 02:49 PM

There is several shows I like to watch. Archerys Choice, Dury boys, Lee and Tiffany, Realtree, Road Trips. Thats for starters. Every show has good and bad, if I don't like the show, I change the channel, simple as that. All be damned if I'm going to bash them. People like the Dury's may have a lot of land and unpressured deer to hunt, but thats only because they worked hard to get there. They still have to hunt hard to make it happen.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:22 PM

There are some shows that I like.

Road Trips--because it's a little different style of show.

Ted's Spirit O. W.--Yeah, I know the guy is a self proclaimed nut, but he truly loves huntin. I believe his emotions are genuine. JMO

Tred Barta--Yeah he gets on my nerves, BUT he does do things HIS way. When he screws up, you are there to see it. I guess I like it because it's not the same old "buck walks out and gets shot" show.

I haven't really seen too many others, other than the Monster Bucks series. With these all I really care about is watching the deer. I mean all the deer in the show, not just the deer being shot. As for the hunts, I'm only concerned with the archery hunts. I like to pause my DVD player and watch the deer's reaction at the time of the shot. Sometimes I'm amazed at how far those deer drop before the arrow gets there.

That's a couple of things I like.

Here's one thing I don't like.

I don't like seeing all the sponsor junk during the show. They should realize that we are big boys, and if we care to know about a product used during the show, we can watch for the advertisment AFTER the show.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a hunting-show lover. I like Ralph and Vicki's yardage view as well. RoadTrips is one of my favorites just because those guys are funny and really love hunting. There aren't too many that I really don't like that I can think of.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

I like Road Trips, Primos, Gettin Close and K & H.

Quick Reply: Does anyone like anything about any hunting show?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.