Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hunting shows are TERRIBLE

Old 08-22-2006, 01:00 AM

Default hunting shows are TERRIBLE

Tonight I've got them on in the background at work

one guy was shaking and shooting arrows at black bears, spot and stalk. He finally hit one

one guy spined a African antelope of some sorts and they were talking about what great shot placement.

another African hunt, rilfe from a jeep on the roads, like driving through a zoo and them saying " the chase is on" and off they drive

good gawd .............. what is this "hunting" coming to ..............
Old 08-22-2006, 05:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: hunting shows are TERRIBLE

When you mean shaking arrows, was the bear climbing the stand??? This is actually the right way to start the bear deterant phase, bears cant see worth a fly covered in cow crap so they use their curriosity gets the best of them. I have had bears climb up my ladder stand and the best thing to do is tap them on the nose with an arrow, theyll get the picture that theres a human there and climb back down and go about their business. (self experienced). Also the spine shot is an excellent shot, most hunters dont take this shot though do to the narrow area that one has to hit. The first deer I ever shot with a bow was in the spine. I tell ya what, if youve never seen a deer go down fast well theres no better way to drop a deer right where it stands than with a spine shot. Although the spine shot is lethal, its not one that is practiced much by any hunter. If you do happen to take an animal in the spine be prepared for a follow up shot in the vitals. As for the rifle hunt out of a jeep, this is a type of safari hunt that is very popular in that region of the world, especially when persuing large dangerous game. Everyone here and anyone in the world who hunts, all have their own ways of doing things, although we may not all agree with that style, thats how they were taught or that is the way its done in certain areas. We are all one big family no matter how we hunt, excluding the WHA. The WHA are just a bunch of idiots.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:22 AM

bears cant see worth a fly covered in cow crap
Just where did you read that ?????
Old 08-22-2006, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Shooting deer in spine would ruin the loins. Why would anyone take that shot? I don't even shoot them in the shoulder as to not ruin the shoulder shot. I'm definitely not purposly taking a spine shot and ruining the goods!

Tom
Old 08-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

I have to agree, I added the Outdoor Channel last week and started watching some lesser known shows and all I can say is WOW... How do some of these people get on TV... And is this what we really want Non-Hunters, and Upcoming Hunters to see... Some of these people are CLOWNS...
Old 08-22-2006, 07:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: antlerchaser

bears cant see worth a fly covered in cow crap
Just where did you read that ?????

Read I know from experience, I have been bear hunting for several years and now quite a bit about bears, ask anyone else who knows bears and youll hear the same. They can see just not very well.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Fellowhunters"fat naked guy"could careless about hunting video's
Old 08-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya know I could care less about hunting shows myself. Think about it for a moment. Most all of them go with and outfitter who does all the scouting, stand hanging, basicly all the work. The hunter (I am using the term loosly) go up the tree with a camera man waits for the deer that the outfitter has been scouting and paterning all year and shoots it. Come on folks is this really doing hunting any favors. Of course not. To the non hunting public thats exactatly how they see us. And by the way if the deer your looking at isen't big enough just wait a bigger one will come along. The TV says so, so it must be true. Give me a break. All of us who do our own scouting hang our own stands and usually come home with nothing are the real hunters. And when we are good and lucky and actually get a nice deer these "Hunting" shows take a lot of it away from us and all the hard work we do. Just my 2 cents But I can't be the only one who feels this way.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fellowhunters"fat naked guy"could careless about hunting video's
I have a feeling ghemry is spot-on with this comment... fat naked guy's first post was to ask a question about the WHA... One that had over three threads discussing it on the first three pages of our site. Then he was upset when I gave him the answer to his question by linking to one of the other threads and locking his new one. If the question was real, he wouldn't have been upset because I indeed provided his answer.

Take this as a notice: All Farbman plants and trolls otherwise will be cracked down upon moving forward. Unless there's a thread which brings up relevant new information, such as SBgobbler's this morning, I will just lock every single one of them after linking to the myriad threads already here with over 15 pages' worth of discussion.

Am I qualified to discern what's new and relevant? Without a doubt. For those who are wondering that, I hold a bachelor of science in journalism with an emphasis in news and editorial writing, which parlayed itself into writing a regular column, as well as other various editorial positions later to include editor-in-chief of a newspaper. I later obtained a master of arts in English with an emphasis in teaching rhetoric and composition andtaught college composition at a Division I university before pursuing other career interests...

This board WILL NOT become consumed with idiotic WHA threads rehashing the same verbage continually -- ESPECIALLY when started by someone with one or two posts.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some shows may be bad, but none worse than a fat naked guy.

Quick Reply: hunting shows are TERRIBLE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.