Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Critique my form

Old 08-20-2006, 01:26 PM

Default Critique my form

Maybe I should have posted this here instead of the "technical" forum because I'm not gettting a lot of input. Please have a look at the pic of my form and help me out![&:]
[link]http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1650063&mpage=1&#1651164[/link]
Old 08-20-2006, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Critique my form

Looks pretty dog gone good to me. Good high elbow parallel with the arrow. Are ya shooting good? Are those your hunting shoes?
Old 08-20-2006, 02:41 PM

Dipsnort- Looks great to me also. Looks much like my form, except I hold my fingers out away from my riser a little more. Some guys do, some guys don't. I guess it's just personal preference, as long as you're not squeezing on the riser. I alsoroll my "bow" elbow out a little more- meaning the arm holding the bow, but if that is comfortable for you then it's how you should shoot.

Is that a snake behind you in the flower bed?
Old 08-20-2006, 02:56 PM

Yeah, those are my anti-snake hunting boots. They don't seem to work very well though.

I'm expecting some good honest criticism since I haven't had formal instruction and from reading other posts, I can tell there are a lot of common mistakes people make...just not sure which ones I might be making.

If you click on the link in my post above you'll see the reason for my posting this topic to begin with--I can't quite figure out how to fix my sight window and someone suggested I could possibly solve the issue by posting a picture of my form.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

looks pretty dang good to me as well..except your shootin with the wrong hand!! just kidding lol...... dont know enough about bows yet to help with the sight. i noticed mine is ALMOST to the point of worrying about it...but its all adjusted and on target so ill let it alone. that sight wont be on my bow long anyways. good luck.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: mauser06
except your shootin with the wrong hand!! just kidding lol......
I know. I've always shot right handed but thanks for some helpful information here I switched to left hand based on eye dominance. It's much better this way since I can keep both eyes open and fortunately my shooting is consistent with both hands.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dipsnort.......your form looks decent to me, a couple little things I'll mention a little bit later but I want to address what I assume is a really high sight picture and looking like you are almost out of room in your sight window:
Have you had your bow properly tuned? The reason I ask is that just from this single picture it looks to me like your arrow is ramped upward at full draw.........high launch angle equals high shots downrange.
Your anchor hand and head position look good and draw length looks just about right so my guess is something with your nock set and/or rest height.

It's hard to tell from that picture but that's how it looks to me (especially if your cable guard rod is perpendicular to the string at rest) and it seems like the arrow is sitting high on the arrow shelf.

Where is your arrow in relationship to your rest mounting holes? and have you paper tuned?

Old 08-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, I agree with Matt, your form looks really good however the bow itself looks off. Like Matt pointed out, look at your arrow in relation to your cable guard is not parellel to the ground which isn't the problem because the bow is being held as such however, the rises from bow towards you, your arrow however should be close to parellel to the cable gaurd but it is in fact nock low from the bow back to yourself. As Matt stated, it's launching your arrow in an upward direction which would indicate a poor paper tear, out of tune bow...??
Old 08-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks to me like maybe the cable guard is angled upward? maybe the arrow is OK . Square the bow up with the blinds in the window. The cable guard looks off.
Old 08-20-2006, 06:24 PM
Fork Horn

May I suggest that you video tape yourself shooting. Who knows, you might be flinching or "pushing" the trigger release forward a little bit. Other than that, the form looks good.

Quick Reply: Critique my form

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.