Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Boots Smell Like Rubber-HELP!!

Old 08-22-2006, 06:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Boots Smell Like Rubber-HELP!!

This thread is FUNNY!

I've got the 1000 gr Lacrosse Alpha Burly's and an uninsulated pair of Alpha's, too.

ONLY thing I do.....is I keep them in my truck tool box all the time. Most of my hunting is right out the back door (1/4 mi. to stand).....and I walk through 2 creeks on the way in. I try to get some mud on them if it's available. BUT.....the mud falling off your boots can make a sound when it falls. This can be noisy when the mud falls to the ground.

Now....someone's gonna probably tell you that I don't know how to wear Alpha's......or that their Alpha's don't make noise when mud falls from them. I'd suggest you also try as many feet as possible to find out which ones are the quietest when sliding into an Alpha boot. Although....if your Alpha's are tuned properly.....they should be 100% stealth (or so I'm led to believe).

Jeff
Old 08-22-2006, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

I can understand your frustration, I purchased an inexpensive zip boot from Sportsmen's Guide for warm weather wear. They are cordura/leather with rubber bottoms and scent free. I guess they are scent free because when they arrived and I opened the box it was like walking in to a tire store. I sprayed them with everything I could think of to no avail. Finally I wore them to the the field for scouting only and shed hunting and they finally lost the smell almost a year later.
Old 08-22-2006, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

$25 camo rubber knee-highs from KMart. Don't smell, don't leak, and they are even lucky Rubber boots do make an amazing difference in scent detection in my experience.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Put them on and go outside and cut the grass....Grass is everywhere....

PS...This doesn't work if you cut with a riding lawn mower...
Old 08-26-2006, 08:14 PM

OK---It's been a week and they have been outside, in the sun, rain and wind.....still smell like rubber....anymore ideas?
Old 08-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

new boots