Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sticks'n'Limbs Camo..... Used it? Heard of it?

Old 08-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sticks'n'Limbs Camo..... Used it? Heard of it?

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

An interesting piece

http://www.bowhunting.net/sticks/how.html#tophow
Funny thing about that article is they are saying that sticks n limbs only prevails at farther distances than normal camo. How many times have you been busted from 100 yards? Me personally, I always get busted closer than 30 yards.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:56 PM

Funny thing about that article is they are saying that sticks n limbs only prevails at farther distances than normal camo. How many times have you been busted from 100 yards? Me personally, I always get busted closer than 30 yards.
Not exactly what the article was saying.

I just bought some desert camo and will paint some sticks on it like this camo has but the price is better.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Davoh, have you seen the fusion 3-d wally world is selling for cheap?

I thought it might do well with the rocky backdrop of Edwards county-

Old 08-21-2006, 06:47 AM
Dominant Buck

I was looking at that Fusion stuff at Wally World just last night , it's interesting stuff .

After accidentally "busting" myself with a trail cam I discovered that the 3 color Desert Army pants that I was wearing at the time practically melted into the scenery . Since I wear Woodland a lot this intrigued me . Look for yourself:

Disregard the time/date stamp , the shot was actually taken during early October .
Old 08-21-2006, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

I saw the Fusion 3D stuff Saturday.... It looked alot more open than the other stuff they had on the racks... and cheaper too. Just couldn't find anypants in it, nor any shirts that would fit me. I started to get a shirt ($8.00) just to take a picture and post it here. Looks really interesting. Sad part is, I really, REALLY hate walmart.... conflicted emotions.....
Old 08-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't much care for wally world either, but somehow one of the long sleeves jumped in my cart . I figured it would work well if ever find myself hunting off the ground or still hunting on my Carta Valley lease. Just too cheap not too. I also picked up a pair of the $1.00 gloves too. Can’t have enough gloves.

Most of the big name patternsare dark on black and dark green. At least the fusion would break up the outline some - at $7.88.

Kevin,that desert pattern looks a lot like woodland from the picture. Ibet the Army did a lot of test before settling on one pattern over another.
One things for sure, it works.

I really need to STOP buying camo's. I've got 4 totes full already and just purchased another set of "no-trace" camo to try it out.
I guess I'm a camo junky.

Now if Bass-pro would just get a pair of the Irish setters in stock that I'm after my wardrobe might be complete.