Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Predator Fall Grey, I Love It!!!!

Old 08-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Predator Fall Grey, I Love It!!!!

Hey Rob, nothing personal with the name calling. Everyone on here ribs each other so don't point me out of a thousand others. I respect your wishes, you respect mine. Just ribbing Mobow a little was all. My point was not that "mature" deer will do these things every time. Not everyone hunts only "mature" deer. I was simply stating the fact that if a deer feels no danger, smells no danger, hears no danger = Comfortable deer. My dad ran a land clearing crew for years and had deer walk up to D8 doziers, walk up to trucks, Ect, Ect,. They thought there was no danger and it would have been all the same if one whipped out a browning and opened fire. The deer would have never been the wiser. What spooks, and I said spooks deer is a predator or a smell. They become unsure when these things occur. Just like us walking thru the grass and leaves and the rattlesnake rattles. We spook. We know there is danger as does the deer when a predator shows up. Don't present yourself as a predator and the deer stay comfortable. This covers all aspects of being a predator, ie., smell, sound, movement, Ect.

Thanks, LT
Old 08-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

I didn't take it as ribbing, it's hard to read emotions in text....10-4.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I didn't take it as ribbing, it's hard to read emotions in text....10-4.
Agreed. Thanks for noting that, Rob, and thanks LT for clearing it up. I was about to issue a piece of my very small mind......

Glad you're not actually pissed at me. You said you wanted feedback, positive and negative, so I issued my opinion. I'm no scientist, and ya know what, I've never even killed a buck w/ my bow, so I'm certainly no expert. But this isn't my first rodeo, either, and I've learned a thing or two the last few years spending over 60 days/year in the deer woods. I've got a heck of a lot more to learn, but I ain't as dumb as I used to be. Hope you aren't actually upset, I don't think I could sleep tonight if I thought you were. Enjoy your camo. You indeed made a great purchase, and I hope that cotton lasts you for years and years.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Mobow, I am upset. I am upset that you didn't get to speak your mind back at my ribbing. I thought, Finally, Finally, I will ruffle someones feathers on here by yanking back on the chain. But noooooo, Rob has to totally destroy my post because he is dislexic when it comes to hearing emotions. LOL Yeah, I can tell you and Rob both probably know more than I'll ever forget, er, uh, something like that. I have been Bowhunting a total amount of 0 times. I have been gun hunting(both in stand and stalking) since 1978. I have killed several does and several bucks( both stalking and stand hunting) over the years, so I know a few things myself. I never claimed to know it all, but what I observe, I remember and apply. This is why I kinda got miffed about the respect thing. No biggy, just think fair is fair in love and Bowhunting. As quoted by someone else on here, " I am a punk and I will be respected as a punk. I won't ask for it, I demand it". LMAO

Good day my friends,

LT
Old 08-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

Here is a photo of me accidentally tripping my trail cam a couple of seasons ago.I'm wearing the fall gray.

Old 08-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just got back from a weekend ski and boating trip; I can seeI've got a lot of catching-up to do...

Rob nailed it with this post, asthis sumsup my feelingsas well. As passionately as Ifeel about how awesomea patternFall Gray is, I concurwith this quote...

We've all proven how effective PFG can be however, it's not a one stop fix all camo...even Greg / MO will tell you that. You've made a good purchase LT, perhaps not a great purchase for early season but a great purchase for in the trees when the leaves come down if, you setup correctly.
Early season will find me in Spring Green...

When the foliage is gone though, it's Fall Gray all the way baby!! You've also got to remember I do 99.9% of my hunting from treestands, and I only care what I look like against a background consisting of mostly hazy blue-gray sky and barren branches... and specifically -- what I look like against that background from the ground as something looks up!

Rutt, that's an awesome pic! All a person has to do is just sort of let their vision blur ever so slightly, and your image just disappears!