Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunter Magazine tv show.

Old 08-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Default Bowhunter Magazine tv show.

I don't watch many of the hunting shows on tv for personal choice reasons. I do like Gettin Close, Ralph and Vicki, and one or two others. I just watched one of the best I've seen IMO by Bowhunter Magazine. Dwight and Mike Carney were in northwest Canada black bear hunting from the ground. It was great video with realtime human emotions. Both shot bears and the footage of Mike shaking like a leaf before putting down a nice bear at close range with his recurve was excellent. Both guys were genuinely estactic, nothing staged. Sure there was plenty of ads during commercial breaks, but I was also impressed by the fact Dwight used a Mathews to take his bear, but Hoyt is the bow sponsor of the show. Randy Ulmer had good advice on shooting from your knees during the short tip segment. All in all one of the best hunting episodes I've seen on tv in quite a while. If you missed it, catch it if you can.......darn good episode if you like black bears on the ground and up close.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunter Magazine tv show.

I watch this show too and like it.