Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

spot-hogg users..

Old 08-16-2006, 05:54 PM

Default spot-hogg users..

I can't decide on which sight to put on my bow. I really like the spot-hogg line of bow sights, but are they bright enough at low light. I don't like using any type of light in the sight window.Can I get some feedback from those of you that have used a spot-hogg sight?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: spot-hogg users..

Absolutely dangolbowhunter!,I've got the Real Deal on my BowTech and i have to agree the Spott Hogg pin's just don't cut it when it come's to brightness during low light condition's .I also have a Impact Archery Cosmic which i used to put on every year when hunting came around because it's the brightest sight I've ever used .
But then I got a good tip from a member of this forum and good friend on how I could improve the light thing with the Spott Hogg .
What i did is buy some extra fibre's from www.fibreopticproducts.com and added it to my sight ,boy did that ever solve my problem.

This is a pic of what I did to improve my pin brightness ,it really worked and my Spott Hogg hasn't been off my bow since. The cost of this improvement was a mere $10.00 for the fibre optic and nothing for the clear tube which I got off a spray bottle I had laying around.

Here's a coup[le pic's for you to check out.

I don't know how it'll hold up in tight condition's ,i might have to come up with some idea for a gaurd to cover the optic's so they don't get broke ,but the brightness is definately improved .

Oh by the way Spott Hogg make's one seriously tough sight ,and i love it.

nubo
Old 08-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never really had a problem with their brightness, but there are a lot of comments about it on here. I absolutely love this site. It's very durable and easy to adjust.

Nubo..I just might try that, great alteration to an already fine product.

If you do get one, you wont regret it. I like the .19 pins however.

Good luck.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:50 PM

Thanks Nubo and Kcison. That's what I wanted to hear. Looks like a Spothogg is going on my bow next week.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I did the exact same thing as Nubo, added fiber to my Real Deal. IMO there simply isn't a better made hunting sight than the Spot-Hogg Line and I have everything from Extremes to Sure Locs and Copper Johns etc. in pin sights.

Probably in reality you really only need to add extended fiber to the top pin as you most likely won't be shooting beyond it's capabilities by the time the others wink out. a single bright pin will also allow you to see BEYOND the pins better in low light and reduce any confusion.
Just pick the only one glowing and shoot.
I do admit that it's nice to look at the Spot Hogg now though with all those pretty bright colors.