Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Dream Season - PA Team

Old 08-16-2006, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default Dream Season - PA Team

By the show of hands, who didn't see something like this happening?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Dream Season - PA Team

Being from the northeast I was pulling for them when they got in, but now I just want them to go away. That Was Garbage!! If the land owner gives you rules you stick to them or you leave. It is not rocket science. PS. They should have been booted after the drinking episode.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure the Drury boys know how it ends and the Pa team is in there cuz they will be critiqued in the end. They probably will do poorly and it will serve as a lesson for all. Bowhunters behaving badly!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I didn't see it, fill us in?
Old 08-16-2006, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator

I agree they should have followed the rules set forth by the land owner. Next weeks show should be intresting...
Old 08-16-2006, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

The teams had permission to hunt a nice property in Oklahoma. Some dandy bucks. The land manager gave specific instructions for what to shoot, as he was hired to manage the deer and grow monster bucks. Team PA slammed a little basket rack, and really upset the guy. He cancelled the hunt for the last day, really upsetting the other teams. PA's argument was that any deer is a trophy, it doesn't have to be a monster. I agree. Every deer is a trophy to me, BUT when you get to hunt a nice place for free, it is only natural that you follow their rules. Anyway, that is the jist of hte fiasco.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not a fan of Team PA, but in honesty, Perry from team MN shot a runt also. I'm not really a fan of any of the teams this year. Not sure why I still watch it?[&:]
Old 08-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

I see, correct, any deer with a bow is a trophy especially in the eye of the beholder right but when given instructions by the landowner etc...rules need to be followed. These guys keep giving us PA'ers a black eye and I wonder if that will influence ever picking PA guys again?
Old 08-16-2006, 08:40 AM

"I'm not a fan of Team PA, but in honesty, Perry from team MN shot a runt also. I'm not really a fan of any of the teams this year. Not sure why I still watch it?"

BUT... (not making excuses) Perry from MN (according to the editing) shot his buck BEFORE Dr Woods and the other manager laid down the "NO 100 inchers"

PA is right, any deer is a trophy and is in the eye of the beholder. they even kept refering to "well they told us to shoot what we wanted when we got here." Again with the BUT. When the rules were changed PA needed to heed the rules and shouldn't have shot that buck.

The stress to produce for the show is probably greater than most of us can imagine, but when on someone else's property; no matter what anyone else has done, you have to follow the directions and rules the landowner, manager lay down.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:00 AM
Fork Horn

Buck fevered...exactly!

MN shot before the rule was handed down (according to the editing).

I have to admit, I haven't seen all of the episodes from last year and if DS existed in 2004, I didn't see any of it.

However, I believe the winner of Dream Season is not the team that takes the most deer or the biggest deer, the Drury's consider many other factors including, strategies, set-up, scouting, humanitarian efforts and ETHICS.

So is there pressure to perform well? Undoubtedly.
Is there pressure to kill deer? Most likely.
Is there pressure to do whatever the heck you want - NO!

Black eye to PA as a state, I don't think so.

Black eye to sportmanships and a potential challenge to those who are asking for permission to hunt on someone else's property this year...maybe.

These guys just showed that their wants and needs were greater than anyone elses - they basically gave the land manager the finger. They were BOTH at fault this time.

Quick Reply: Dream Season - PA Team

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.