Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I can't see my pin at all.

Old 08-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default I can't see my pin at all.

I am sighting in my broadheads, and I can't see my pin. What I mean by this is, in order for my broadheads to be sighted in, my pin is half covered by my riser on my bow. Actually I am still shooting to the right a bit, so if I moved it so they were hitting perfect, I wouldn't be able to see my pin at all! I had them paper tune my bow and stuff, but maybe they forget to do it or something? I don't know what the problem is.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I can't see my pin at all.

Could be your arrows are out of tune and causing your arrows to plane right....Broadheads will show you tuning problems either with your bow, or with your arrows...might be your rest is too in towards the riser? How did it paper tune, I'd have them check center shot.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:07 PM

Yep, you're out of tune, or your anchor points are just way off....

Oh, you may be torquing the bow, as well. Enough torque will toss an arrow pretty far off to one side. Check your bubble level when you shoot.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

You said, I had them tune my bow. Not sure what you mean by that. You have to shoot the bow to tune it to your shooting style. You cannot have someone else shoot your bow to tune it. That could be your prolem.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

by tuned I just meant paper tuned. Unless the guy who set up my bow forgot to do that, but I don't know. i'll have to have it paper tuned again I guess.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

I had the same problem you had. My pins were right on the edge of my riser making it really difficult to focus on the target. Yesterday my arrow rest bracket cracked (cheap plasatic) so I took it to the my favorite shop during my lunch hour today. I don't know what he did, but now my pins are where they should be. The old arrow restmight have beentoo far left or right - but is is SWEET on right now and I can't wait for that lucky deer to pop out! Take it to the shop.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is what I am talking about. ONLY YOU CAN SHOOT THE BOW TO PAPER TUNE IT. SOMEONE ELSE CANNOT SHOOT IT TO PAPER TUNE IT. IT HAS TO BE TUNED TO YOUR STYLE. GO TO A PRO SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

That is what I am talking about. ONLY YOU CAN SHOOT THE BOW TO PAPER TUNE IT. SOMEONE ELSE CANNOT SHOOT IT TO PAPER TUNE IT. IT HAS TO BE TUNED TO YOUR STYLE. GO TO A PRO SHOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ditto.