Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sunday Hunting in Virginia

Old 08-17-2006, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sunday Hunting in Virginia

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

Interesting that you have it in your county when state law bans it...except in select counties, on private property and only on a couple of Sundays per year. I did not think it was something that the counties could approve. Maybe I'm reading the law wrong or misunderstanding it.
Sunday Hunting in Maryland
Anne Arundel and Montgomery Counties are now included in the counties open to two days of Sunday deer hunting.
A person may hunt deer on Sunday, November 5, 2006 and Sunday, November 26, 2006 on private land in Allegany, Anne Arundel, Calvert, Caroline, Cecil, Charles, Garrett, Kent, Montgomery, Queen Anne’s, St. Mary’s, Talbot, and Washington counties.
A person may hunt deer on Sundays October 15, October 22, October 29, November 5, November 12, and November 26, 2006 in Dorchester County on private land only
Old 08-17-2006, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Sunday Hunting in Virginia

Ah, now I do see that Dorchester county is a little more extensive than the rest. Thanks for the note. However, I initially understoodlabhunter tosay that sunday hunting was legal at all times in his county.