Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

if you were on tv

Old 08-14-2006, 02:26 PM
Spike

Default if you were on tv

I wanted to see what the rest of you thought. I became friends with a guy,who is a camera man and editor for a hunting show that is based local to me. The show I won't mention airs every week on the outdoor channel our men's channel ,I forget. The reason I can't mention the name is this guy want's to break off, and produce his own video's. The guy has invited me and a buddy on black bear hunt in saskatchewan, to be filmed. The question is , if this was the way you provided income to support your family, would it change the way you hunt, if you had to produce to get paid? Would you ever feel the same about hunting after a period of time? Would you ever push the limits that you have set for youself? When a person thinks about it, you see why some of these shows go in direction that is anything but hunting. The friend of mine say's of the stuff you see on tv, it would shock you what gets cut.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: if you were on tv

Id love to have that opportunity. If anything it would make me a better hunter cause i'd be more serious. I can only imagine getting paid to hunt. If he wants to film me let me know
Old 08-14-2006, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

If i had the chance I would do it. I think it would be so awesome to work doing my biggest passion.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Would it change the way you hunt?

Absolutely, producing video means you have to get the shot on film, the camera man calls the shot so you are no longer able to pick the best opportunity to shoot, the camera is now on, you must make the shot when the camera man says now....that changes the way you hunt.

You may have to pass up animals because the light is wrong, the shot is blocked by the camera and so many more scenerios...taking animals on film is totally different than taking animals when your alone in the woods. It can and will become a job and take some of the fun out of your hunt, trust me, friends and I have been videoing for years and it changes things.

Would I want to do it for a living...absolutely NOT....I'll do it for fun and keep hunting the way I want to do it, I may take animals on film and many are going to make commercial videos however, I'm going to keep it fun, not a living.....
Old 08-14-2006, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

I'm with Rob on this one. Don't ever do anything that even MIGHT alter your outlook or point of view. Doing something for a living has a tendency to twist the way you perceive something. Like web-design... I used to tinker with it for fun, and when I first started doing as a job, I enjoyed it. But it didn't take long for work-place stress to sap the fun out of it.

Videoing is a whole other ball game. Would I mind being filmed on a hunt for a show or DVD? Of course not as long as the producers understand that it's my hunt that I'm allowing them to video, not the producers hunt that they're allowing me to shoot in. Does that make sense??
Old 08-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Since I pretty much have no other passion in life other than hunting, and don't really like the regular work I do, if I could make a living and get to travel all over north america to hunt, I would do so in less than a heartbeat.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

It would be living a pure dream life wouldnt it.. Id love nothing better than to get paid to do what i love.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Who's to say you can't do it for X amount of time and if you don't like it....quit it. I would do it and quit if I didn't like it rather than never do it and wish that I did. These opportunities don't come by very often! If you "sort of" want to do it....do it! Who cares what anyone on here or any other message board feels about it. How do YOU feel about it?
Old 08-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm with Rob on this one as well! I already have a job that kicks azz. I would hate to look at hunting as a JOB I love it way to much! I think it would change things in the wrong direction, JMO!

I do video my own hunts for my use and for my kids memories after I'm dead and gone!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Typical Buck

These dudes get to hunt on great hunting ground all over the U.S.! Has to be great, I think if you didnt let it, it wouldnt go to your head. If i done it, I would be like the drurys, not wally dallenbach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.