Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Military Charcoal Suits???

Old 08-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Military Charcoal Suits???

ORIGINAL: MASTERDIVER

I agree. I used mine when I was at Ft. Hood. Dropped a doe at around 5yds and I was out in the open. Those suits have more thsn 1 use atleast. Problem is that after a few washes they just become a jumpsuit. The charcoal filiment doesn't last long.
Why would a Sent Blocker suit last so long and a mopp suit won't? Mopp suit is the military term for all you non military guys. It means mission oriented protective posture. Some call them NBC suits for Nuclear, Biological, Chemical suit. Just a quick explaination.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:34 PM

Never got to keep it. When I transferred I had to turn it back in so someone else could use it.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

CIF...I know how that goes.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:39 PM

Tree,
The charcoal filiment washes out over time. You've sweat your backside off in one of those things before. Don't tell me you weren't a shade darker when you took it off.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MASTERDIVER

Tree,
The charcoal filiment washes out over time. You've sweat your backside off in one of those things before. Don't tell me you weren't a shade darker when you took it off.
A shade???? How about black. The new ones that I wore during the invasion in Iraq did not rub off like that. I would like to get ahold of a couple of them. They are like $800 dollars apiece and that is the government rate.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:51 PM

Treehunter,How long are the new mpp suits good for?? Reasion being a buddy of mine gave me a new one a couple years ago when he got back from Iraq and i have worn it once i think frickin thing is to hot for early seasion archery here.but it has been in my closet since then.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I know it is good for a couple of wears at least. We were issued two each before we got there and on March 20, 2003 I put one of them on for the first time. We had what we thought at the time was a scud missle get intercepted over our tent by a patriot missle. Turns out it was a british jet that did not make positive communications with our camp. Anywho....I put that suit and the other one on probably another 30-40 times with all the scud missle attacks on our camp. So I know they are worth at least that. My skin has not peeled off since so they must have worked.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

Why does it seem like you can get more "activations" out of a Scent Blocker suit over a military chemical suit? Should at least be comparable.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Fork Horn

Just wondering,are they activated the same way as Scent Blocker?Just throw it in the dryer?
JE
Old 08-18-2006, 02:09 PM

Check out an article in whitetail deer hunting-scent control. This should answer all your questions about chemical suits and carbon suits. There is also some brand new technologies that are now available for scent control/elimination.

Quick Reply: Military Charcoal Suits???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.