Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ouchie

Old 08-14-2006, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default ouchie

i havent shot in 2 days. friday i shot a few arrows and noticed my left shoulder was sore and clicking when id rotate it so i quit shooting and didnt shoot saturday or sunday. today i moved it around to make sure it was recovered and it felt fine...a tad bit of slight pain but only when i pulled it in wierd directions. so i went to shoot. i cant shoot. the pain is worse then ever. i shto a couple arrows then it got real bad and i had to quit. whats wrong with it?? i wont lie i fired about 1000 arrows in a week. i know i over did it.....but id shoot a couple and take a break....it just added up every day. its nice being able to shoot in your backyard. i just think i over did it. but this pain right now almost feels like an injury like i pulled something.....and the clicking when i rotate my shoulder is wierd.....lifting heavy boxes at work dont help.....anyone know anything about my pain? lol....cures....causes...possible things that may be wrong?? anything?? im sure i over did it but i learned my lesson! now i just wanna shoot a couple good arrows and call it a day now that i got my form and accuracy down pretty good........
Old 08-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ouchie

Take a trip to your local sport and spine clinic theyll diagnos it. Sounds like you may have pulled some muscles.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:43 AM
Fork Horn

one word bro.... DOCTOR....

if it's bad enough that you can't shoot, even after a few days rest, something is really wrong... [&:]
Old 08-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ohhh mannn.....i better not be laid up for the rest of the pre season! i got some more shootin that needs done!! ill talk to my mom when she gets home and see where i should go and what i should do.....thanx guys.....
Old 08-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

well i called mom....she goes to a chiroprator pretty regularly. my uncle is almost ready to becomea chiropractor and the one my mom goes to is kinda like a family friend almost. shes calling him and im going out there to see what he says. though hes a chiropractor he knows his stuff. if he cant fix it or help me he will know who to send me to and what it is. i think work this weekend really did me in. i moved and lifted ALOT of heavy boxes and stuff and alot of over the head....bending and putting on the floor etc..im sure that cant be good for it.....when i quit shooting friday it wasnt a terrible pain..just slight and figured id take a day or 2 to rest......i dont think its ALL from shooting.....hopefully i can get someone to give me a note saying LIGHT DUTY at work! lol ill let you guys know what he says
Old 08-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Typical Buck

I deal with workercomp injuries alot and that sounds like you strained your muscle a bit. The clicking could be from a tendon. Ice Ice Ice. I would lay off it for a couple of weeks and really baby it. But ice it for 20 min at a time. Not good before bow season. Also there is a product called Bio Freeze. It is what I use and it helps me with my pains. I wish you a speedy recov.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

Could be the old rotator cuff. I messed up both of mine wrestling many years ago. I never had them fixed and they will flair up every now and then, especially lifting your arms over your head. If that's what it is, anyway. I found excercising and strengthening my shoulder muscles helped keep them in check but it never really goes away. But its not so bad as to consider surgery for me, anyway.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds to me like a rotator cuff as well.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope its nothing serious, i had to have both my shoulders reconstructed after dislocating both between 50-70 times EACH. Not fun at all. USe tons of ice and baby it alot, sounds like a rotator cuff to me.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

oh mannn i may be up chit creek it sounds like....im headed to the chiropractor RIGHT now.....see what he says....dang...a month and a half before season......im blamming work on this! and i want paid for it!! i dont think shooting my bow would seriously injure me....i used to powerlift and did ALOT of back and shoulder workouts. my shoulders are decintly strong...i havent lifted in a while but i didnt loose much because im always lifting stuff at work etc. my bow is set at 67lbs and i never struggledor had to work at drawing it....i just pulled it back...75% let off im holding back what like17lbs or so?? i dont think that will do as much injury as lifting couple hundredpound patiosets and grills at work up over my head! ill see what the doc says......hopefully its nothing serious! i didnt shoot my broadheads yet!!!!! if i had my broadheads dead on id easily rest a month. im shooting well enough to feel comfortable with 25yd shots. 35 under perfect conditions...but not unless i shoot my broadheads and shoot out of a stand!!! i hope its nothing......ill let you guys know in a couple hours.....thanx everyone.

Quick Reply: ouchie

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.