Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

want to say hi

Old 08-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Spike

Default RE: want to say hi

yes, he broke off his g3 about a week and half ago, it's hard to decide, if given the chance to let him go our not. Believe our not there is a 10 point that comes in that is about 6 inches wider not quite as tall tine. The buck in the picture runs him off when gets within 20 yards. The only reason I know is I have been sitting in stands for about 2 weeks, twice a week with a camcorder, helps scratch the itch a little bit. Not to get off subject, but a cool thing happened Sat. evening. I was out filming, coming back to the truck with about 10 minutes light left.(camcorder ability to focus in lowlight giveout) I was wearing full ASAT camo, when I saw a doe coming down the same path I was on. I stopped and the doe walk by, not by feet, but at about 20 inches, could have touched her on the back, she never spooked just kept walking at a slow pace. I have been a person who believes most of the new products that come out every year is just snake oil,that is targeted at the new hunter, that is lookin for anything that may help, since the best thing in bowhunting you can't buy, time in field,and good information. I'am a born skeptic who believes in ASAT,try it and be done searching for latest camo every year.