Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

a little advice...please.

Old 08-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default a little advice...please.

I will be leaving my moultrie 4.1 up at our camp up north for one month. The question is, how should i set it to take pics. I was thinkin every 5 min set at 3 shot intervals (one pic every 12seconds). I have a 256 sd card in it with a 6 volt battery. The cam says it will take 2276 pics. What would you guys do?
Old 08-12-2006, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: a little advice...please.

is that what that means, i have mine set a 1 min 3 shot, which means it waits a min in between shots, that is what i would do.I have my picture quality on enhanced too and a 512mb card and it takes 674 on that setting but i only leave mine a couple days at a time, i usually get 50 pics per 2 days mostly does and fawns though
Old 08-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

I would suggest that you get a rechargeable battery and a solar charger. That way you would not have to worry about the battery going dead. Moultrie rechargeable batteries are about $8 and the solar trickle charger is about $20. I think the SD card will last a month on that setting. I leave mine on 30 secs between pics and I have never come close to filling it up but I check mine about once every week or two. I have 2 SD cards and I will just take one card out, plug the other one in and then leave the camera right in the woods. I alsouse a little Pocket PC to plug the SD card in and view the pics if I go to my stand after changing cards.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should be OK. Your battery may go dead in that amount of time though.

Next time go down to Tractor Supply and get a solar charger.. They are there by the deer feeder supplies.

I see you are from Mt. Pleasant. I'm from Laurelville.

My daughter, Tara, is freinds with your sister.

Small world, isn't it?

Old 09-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

awsome....it is indeed a small world!!! I'll have to look for the solar charger. My sister said you have a "killer" living room (with all the mounts), that is if she's talking about the same Tara's dad.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tara O.

Old 09-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

she said "yep, right dad".

You hunt up around your house? And did you get the ginormous moose mounted in your avatar?
Old 09-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, moose is mounted.

I don't hunt by the house, I use to a few years ago. The deer in the photo are almost like pets. I couldn't shoot one of them. We like having them around the yard. I do hunt up on the strip job though.

They are in the yard everyday. That photo is from last year. The doe has two fawns this year. The fawns are more skittish than her.

Had a big bear at the feeder last winter. Had tags in both ears. Knocked the bird feeder down. He was here a few nights then left.

Old 09-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

what did that moose hunt cost (rough estimate if you dont wanna give exact prices) and where did you shoot him at (location)? I want to go out west and try to get a moose or elk sometime in my lifetime.

Are bear normal around your area, my uncle lives around snake hill rd. and he had one in his yard on the 4th of July...said it was a big one.

The deer in your yard are like the ones around my camp...as far as being like pets, I could never shoot them. They arent that tame but they dont run when the see you...they'll casually walk away. Do you ever get any buck at your feeder?
Old 09-04-2006, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the moose in Newfoundland last October. The hunt cost $4000.We drove up.I went with 2 other guys and split up expenses, gas, toll, ferry,meals, etc.... It cost about another $900 for all that.
http://www.biggameoutfitting.com/

It was a different world up there. It took us 36 hours totalto get there, drivng straight up, taking shifts driving. 24 hours to get to the ferry.6 hour ferry rideand another 6 hours driving to get to the main lodge. They flew us into the hunting camp on a float plane.

The succes rate is really high there. 95%, I believe.
We all got moose. Theirs were smaller. Newfoundland isn't known for real big moose. All the brochures show big ones but a majority of the ones taken are really small. I was lucky!

We are close to Snake Hill Rd.At the bottom. They must turn loose all the trouble bears here. I got game camera photos of one about 2 weeks ago with one tag in its ear. I see tracks from time to time, up on the strip while riding quads. There was supposed to be a sow with cubs running around last year, but I never saw them. The neighbors saw a big one last week.

I see a buck every now and then. Usually around rut time, they are in the yard at night chasing the does. Never see them in the day. They sometimes have scrapes in the yard.

Quick Reply: a little advice...please.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.