Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Bow

Old 08-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Bow

I just bought a new (used but new to me)Reflex Grizzly. I was just wondering about the stabilizer. I have a solid metal one on it right now that came off an old bow. I was thinking about this $20 rubber one from the local sports shop. Is it really nessesary to have a high dollar stabilizer? What is its exact purpose?
Old 08-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New Bow

It helps you stabilize your bow. A rubber one will help take some of the vibration of the shot.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

You may be referring to the Limbsaver S-coil... Probably the best stab you can buy for around $20... I have one on one of my backup bows.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:54 PM
Fork Horn

Yep...that's it. The limbsaver s-coil. How will it help me? I understand it stabilizes the bow but I'm not sure what it exactly stabilizing. Does it keep you from swaying as much or something?
Old 08-11-2006, 11:06 PM

Basically it ads more weight and absorbs shock, thus making it more stable or less swaying.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:10 PM

Once again, the StealthMeister Greg hit it head on. The S-Coil is EVERY bit as good as a high dollar Doinker, and for around 22 bucks. Just can't go wrong.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:16 PM

Wasn't those s-coils like $12 bucks when they first came out?

Treehunter: That wouldn't happen to be the bow that bamahuntin previously owned?
Old 08-12-2006, 12:24 AM

gotta recommed the s-coil. just as good as the higher dollar others.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:48 AM

I got my s-coil for $14.99 down at the local pro shop, I have noticed the price is slowly going up. Then I thought that maybe a more expensive stabilizer would work better. I bought a $60 Doinker that is 11 inches long and it is now sitting in a bag somewhere in my closet. I put the s-coil back on and it is there to stay.
Old 08-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

Treehunter: That wouldn't happen to be the bow that bamahuntin previously owned?
Yep...thats it. I bought the bow with a Trophy Ridge drop zone, stabilizer, silencers, peep, quiver, factory sight, and some carbon arrows for $325. Not a bad price. He ended up with a AR-34 from a guy at the local proshop. He got a good deal too.