Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Size/Quality of Deer
0%
State/Region of Hunt
0%
Weapon of Choice (Bow, Gun, ML, X-Bow)
13.64%
Hunting Area (Fenced vs Free-chase)
13.64%
Guided, DIY, Private, Public, etc
0%
Products used, advertisements, endorsements, etc
0%
Professionalism;ethics/stategies/verbal del./explanations/calling, etc
45.45%
Humor, behind the scenes, non-hunting footage, etc
0%
Quality of, filming, audio, & photography of hunt
22.73%
On-Camera Presence, Excitement, enthusiasm
4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

What Factor(s) Makes a Good Hunting Video?

Old 08-11-2006, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What Factor(s) Makes a Good Hunting Video?

Whatis the Most important factor(s) you look for when watching a Hunting Video? If you could, list your Top 3.

I've been filming my hunts for the past couple of years, and this year I finally made to step towards a full professional video-camera setup, and plan on hunting with a partner filming near my side during all of my hunts. I have my own ideas, but I'dalso love to get your feedback, on what's important to you, and what you look for in a good huntingvideo. Thanks!
Old 08-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Makes a Good Hunting Video?

I like bow videos, and also when they tell you why they choose that location.. The drury vids are good.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:56 PM

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

I like bow videos, and also when they tell you why they choose that location.. The drury vids are good.
Ditto
Old 08-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

For me....none of the above...I like to see and hear about different hunting strategys, stand placement, calling etc...Did the hunter use scents?? What type???I don't care about the brand as we all have our favorites that have worked in the past..Is he hunting natural food sources?? Food plots?? Grain fields or funnels...Face it, you can put any decent shot over looking a sendero in a box stand in south Texas and he will see more trophy bucks in a week than most of us see in a season...Heck, we all know what the bucks are eating on the ground....I also notice what the hunter does when animals are sighted...Does he grunt or bleat to get them in closer...For example...I have two dvds with the Primos guys and Knight & Hale using the fighting purrs...I practiced before our turkey season here in NC..And also the Primos guys using Old Tom...I made one of these before the season...It made the difference for me this year!!!
(I know you are probably talking about deer, but these were the best two examples I could think of)....

These are the type things that I am looking for on videos....I'm not going to buy a "Scent" suit...new release...broadheads...boots...etc.....I know what equipment works for me....But I love learning about new techiques or other ways to call/decoy/attract deer that I haven't used in the past....

I guess what I am saying...I am sitting there evaluating the "hunter" before me and trying to pick his brain to make my experience more enjoyable....

I could care less if he kills a deer (I feel the same way when I hunt)...I am more into it for the total experience...And love to pass on experience with my younger nephews and neices...Helping them see and kill more game is what is important....

I know they need to advertise...I prefer the shows that list on the screen what equipment, loads, etc that the hunter was using...But, its amazing to me that these guys wack a deer and immediately say.."Boy that Gater broadhead sure is the best head out there" ....Show me the exit hole...I can tell what it did....
Old 08-11-2006, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

I look for bow hunts. What you did not mention was the message being tought. The way people learn is by listening to what is said. I have a 13 year old kid that picks up on everything they say. I have a hard time keeping his mind right.
Boldplate
Old 08-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with hawkeye. I want to be able to see what they are doing and tactics they use. The care is really just secondary
Old 08-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

nchawkeye, I tried to tie the strategys, stand placement, calling etc... into the "Professionalism" area. I'll edit it so it's more clear. Good info, and thanks for the input.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:07 PM

I want to see everything that goes into the hunt, not just the day of the hunt. I want to see the scouting, stand hanging the night before when your deciding where to hunt and you show a map tellin why your gonna hunt there, the ride out the walkin EVERYTHING
Old 08-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

I know this may be a bit ... um, tough for someone to take, but I really could care less about seeing a gun hunt, period.

nchawkeye nailed it with his post, too. I remember when several of our forum members offered up some advice for Will of Summit about their new t.v. show; one of the recurrent themes seemed to be "show me the shot" and do it in slow motion. Seeing entry and exit holes are good too.

I used to really like it when Will at Primos used to freeze-frame the shot and draw a line on the back of the deer and show how much he dropped at the sound of the shot.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:04 PM

Default RE: What Factor(s) Makes a Good Hunting Video?

And now I'll be completely different than everybody else, at least so far, and say "Nothing". About the only thing that I would care about is if I was in it, otherwise I couldn't care less about hunting video. And probably wouldn't even watch myself in one anyway. I would rather be doing it, or doing something else I enjoy.
(it's like watching golf, ugh)

Quick Reply: What Factor(s) Makes a Good Hunting Video?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.