Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any info for a new bowhunter?

Old 08-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Any info for a new bowhunter?

I hear ya, killadoe.

Examples of why killadoe's right:

1 - When I lived in Charleston, SC...it was legal for us to "Bait" for shrimp. We could purchase our "tags".....and the way it worked.....we'd get PVC poles (we'd mark our poles with our tags)....make up bait balls (out of VARYING ingredients....lol)......and "bait" the poles we'd stick in the pluff mud in the tidal creeks and harbor. Then.....we'd wait about 30 minutes......and cruise by the poles in our boats.....and cast our throw nets over the baited poles (usually 10). Limit was one 48 qt cooler per boat. I figured it up......I could have bought a HUGE FREEZER.......and filled it up with shrimp from the seafood house.....for what I spent on my permit; fuel; wear and tear on boat; cast net and TIME!!...lol

2- I've bought: 4 wheeler; bow; feeders; game cameras; various equipment; etc...all in pursuit of an animal that a LOT of people around my home think is a PEST....and MANY people GIVE AWAY the meat.

Save your money......and take up gol.........nope. I forgot about that, too. Nevermind.

Jeff

In all honesty.....welcome to bow hunting. Come on in....the water's fine.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:38 AM

I figure you can either give that money to a sporting goods store and enjoy yourself or you can give it to a phsychiatrist like all those anti-hunters do.

Welcome to the world of bowhunting!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 11:47 AM
Dominant Buck

True story.....

A friend of mine won almost $1M (Yes....that's with an M....lol)..in a fishing tournament off of our coast. When I saw him to congratulate him......I told him he was the ONLY person I've ever known that had made money in fishing. He said....Jeff....the only way to assure yourself $1M in fishing.....is to start with TWO.

We aren't in it for the antlers or meat (Though both of those are important to individuals). They're a fringe benefit.

Jeff
Old 08-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

True story.....

A friend of mine won almost $1M (Yes....that's with an M....lol)..in a fishing tournament off of our coast. When I saw him to congratulate him......I told him he was the ONLY person I've ever known that had made money in fishing. He said....Jeff....the only way to assure yourself $1M in fishing.....is to start with TWO.

We aren't in it for the antlers or meat (Though both of those are important to individuals). They're a fringe benefit.

Jeff
Don't tell me he won the Big Rock?

Enjoy your hunting with a bow. Be careful you could give up end stuffing.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes.....he did.

He finished second.....2 years later.

Jeff
Old 08-11-2006, 12:49 PM

well i finally decided on a bow today, I got a Reflex Highlander. It felt better to me than the fred bear. You guys got any tips on how to sight this thing in I didnt have enough time today at the shop to stay there and shoot so i am going to go home and try my hand at it.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Dominant Buck

YEP!

START CLOSE!

Jeff
Old 08-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Holiday....

Rule of thumb is......"chase your arrows". If you're arrows are hitting left of your target......move your sight to the left. Same with high.low.

Jeff
Old 08-11-2006, 01:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes.....he did.

He finished second.....2 years later.

Jeff
That's why I'm working as hard as I am. I plan on retiring doing fishing tournaments. The two on the top of my list are the Big Rock and the White Marlin Open.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:00 PM

YEP!

START CLOSE!

Jeff
What he said!

Quick Reply: Any info for a new bowhunter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.