Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fall Gray or Fall Brown?

Old 08-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Fall Gray or Fall Brown?

Yep, Fall Brown's been pretty much discontinued. It was so close to Gray anyway, and you can see above that when it came down to choosing between the two, everyone was going with Gray anyway...

Take some pics of it and post 'em up for us to see!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

anyone know where i can get lightweight predator camo? I need some for early season
Old 08-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ed, I'm not sure how lightweight Cabela's offerings are in Silent Weave, but in early season, I usually just wear the cotton pants and the long-sleeve T-shirt. That keeps me pretty cool.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

yea i just got a set of the silent weave, its light, but im not sure how light their 9 oz cotton tees are. Guess i just need to get one and try it.

Also, anybody got any pics of Green Deception? Im considering it for early season.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've seen it, if that's any help. One of our local shops carries it here at home.

It looks really good, but it doesn't have the high contrast of a Spring Green, for instance. But ... I've found you don't need as much of the contrast that exists in the Spring Green and the Fall Gray in the very early season because it's so easy to hide in the canopy overhead. It's when the leaves drop that you're left out in the open and it becomes vital. Just a thought.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks, i think im going to try spring green, i'll probably use that and deception for early season. Im just on a somewhat tight budget cause i want to get a new climber, most likely a lone wolf...
Old 08-11-2006, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Greg and Ed, I ordered the Coveralls in Fall Gray and the gloves and headnet in same color today. I will post some test pics as soon as I can. Thanks for the input.

LT
Old 08-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Were you able to buy them from the bargain store section? If so, there's some great deals in there... Wished they had some XL's left...
Old 08-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Greg, I got the suit out of the bargain room. Fortunately I am a Medium. I got the suit for 69.95. I spent a total of 97.00 for the suit, gloves, and headnet shipping included. I just hope it is as good as I think it will be.

LT
Old 08-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lucky dog. I'm looking forward to the pics.

Quick Reply: Fall Gray or Fall Brown?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.