Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much practice???

Old 08-10-2006, 02:06 PM
Dominant Buck

Default How much practice???

We've got exactly 30 days until our archery opener. How much are you guys prcticing?

We (son and I) switched to ONLY broadheads about a week ago. We're shooting from the ladder stand, again (set up since last year)......and we've got 2 3-D deer and one block for a variety of shots/angles.

The heat's pretty oppressive, everywhere.....but we're trying to shoot every day. We can always go shoot indoor 3-D's, too.....about 3 miles from home.

It's time!

Jeff
Old 08-10-2006, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How much practice???

Not as much as I would like. I try to shoot 3-4 times per week (50 aarows each time)
Archery season in WV does not com in until mid OCT so I have a little more time than you. I hope to pick it up more this month.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll shoot about 12-15 arrows everyday before work. Then a few after dinner (25-30).
Old 08-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I Shoot every other day in my back yard .
I have a stand in a tree and sometimes I'll get on the roof of my garage ( Foxworthy style ) and I'll shoot from my ground blind too.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

you cant never have too much enough practice right?

Ive been known to shoot twice a day. The only reason i dont practice all the time is to limit string wear...
Old 08-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

As much as my wiff will allow...
Old 08-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Switched to hunting heads now and shoot at least 4 days a week for an hour. We get my uncles and grandpa...4 or 5 of us and have a good time shootin'.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to shoot everyday but now I'm on second shift. I can't shoot in the morning because I'm home alone with the kids. They are ages 3, 2, and 1. I'm lucky to shoot once a week now.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Sent my bow to get reworked for the season. I should have it back next week. I also think I need new arrows this season. I guess I need to check and get on the ball. I did find some broadheads laying around the other day. One day I plan on getting a little more organized with the broadheads and put them in a tackle box.

I'll be ready for that first day in the woods maybe not opening day. Heck it's the wife's birthyday and maybe I should hunt that day?
Old 08-10-2006, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I had to redo everything on my setup, so I'm shooting a ton, but once it's dialed in, I'll shoot 6-10 arrows, 4-5 times a week.

Quick Reply: How much practice???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.