Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Critique My Form???

Old 08-09-2006, 04:38 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: Critique My Form???

Another thing that looks odd is your anchor point. It looks different in each picture. After you adjust the draw length you could try to shorten up that strap on your release.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: flyfishpj

Take your height in inches, then divide it by 2.5 and that is your draw length. So if you are 6' tall, your height in inches is 72, and that divided by 2.5 is 28.5 so that would be the draw length for a person 6'.
I thought it was wingspan but I'm not sure if that is a sure fire method anyway.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:48 PM

I thought it was wingspan but I'm not sure if that is a sure fire method anyway.

I have heard both, but someone told me the height divided by 2.5 is more accurate.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:16 PM

Bama,
I agree with the others who have said that your draw length is an inch or two too long. Take your bow, along with your release, to a proshop and have them measure you. They will be able to tell you what your draw length is.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

I only have one archery shoparound and they are the ones that measured me up and saidmy form looks good.They have a good reputation but they seem to think my form is fine.Also on my draw length,my bow shows that it will only go down to 27".Is their another way I can adjust it?One last thing,I shot my bow some today and tried it without the string on my chest and it made my groups much tighter.It moved them up about 4-5 inchesbut itsure did help.Now if I can just figure out how to shorten my draw lenght.
Thanks,
JE
Old 08-09-2006, 08:47 PM

Have you adjusted your drawlength yet??? If not, break out the manual and get it adjusted and post another pic.

How long is your string loop? My brother had someone tie a string loop for him and it was way too long.

Your body needs to form a "T". Bend your left arm (bow arm) out some if you can. Bending your bow arm will bring you in some.

Like I said, my anchor is my thumb on the back of my neck with my index finger under my ear/on my jaw bone. Also, the string touches the tip of my nose. Try to establish a good anchor.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Fork Horn

Man I guess I'm screwed then.I measured my height 62"(short I know).I guess that would make my draw length like 24.5".Sure does seem awfully short though.I did'nt even see a bow that came with that short of a draw length when I was shopping.Is their any alternatives?My bow shows on the cams that 27" is as short as it will go?Does this mean that I need a new bow?What's so bad is I went to an archery shop and supposedly had all of this checked before I bought thebow.Man i'm bummed out.
JE
Old 08-09-2006, 10:19 PM

I can't believe all the advice here .......

Nobody shoot a bow the same. Look at all sports that have form as one of the main things that control how well the athelete performs and you'll see a lot of difference.

Michael Jordan shot the ball very differently than, say, Kevin Garnett does. Both are very good
Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson have different golf swings- both are very good

As long as you're shooting the same way every time your arrows will go the same place everytime. I mean, you're shooting a machine - draw it back, hold it, put the pin where you want the arrow to go, and squeeze the trigger. Compounds are built to be shot very accurately.

Old 08-10-2006, 05:12 AM

I can't believe all the advice here .......

Nobody shoot a bow the same. Look at all sports that have form as one of the main things that control how well the athelete performs and you'll see a lot of difference.

Michael Jordan shot the ball very differently than, say, Kevin Garnett does. Both are very good
Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson have different golf swings- both are very good

As long as you're shooting the same way every time your arrows will go the same place everytime. I mean, you're shooting a machine - draw it back, hold it, put the pin where you want the arrow to go, and squeeze the trigger. Compounds are built to be shot very accurately.
You are simply wrong..........

Tiger and phil may have different swings BUT.......

Both there swings have certain characteristics and basic correct form and balance that are the same.

JE is shooting a bow that does not fit him....................not even close..........

He will NEVER shoot that bow very well, and its a shame it was sold to him.

Draw length is the MOST important fit between an archer and a bow - Its gotta be right.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

abit too long on the draw id sy around two1 3/4 inches - 2 inches. Shorten it up.

Quick Reply: Critique My Form???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.