Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite Archery

Old 08-14-2006, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Elite Archery

Innacurate. I wasn't going to get into this debate, but I'm not going to sit idally by and watch rumors. They have to stop producing product that LOOKS like Bowtech. All they have to do is make the cut outs different so it appears to be a different cam, and problem solved. Yeah, I know the next thing I am going to hear about is the deal between Darton and Bowtech.....the "exclusive" deal......I'm no legal person, but I DO know if they were producing cams illegally, Darton would already be in on the lawsuit, and they aren't.

Actually mobowhunter, I wasn't trying to get into a debate since I really don't care one way or the other, I just thought a person conscidering buying a bow should know about the court precedings. But since you are now saying I am spreading "rumors", please tell us, do they have to change the angle of the limbs on their new bows, or is that a rumor too?
Old 08-14-2006, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Directly from Kate / Elite:

After August 31, 2006, Defendants are enjoined from:

A binary cam that is the same in appearance to the Bowtech cam

A riser that is the same inappearance and color to the Bowtech

Bow strings with speed nocks

Any bow with a limb mounting angle that is within three degrees of the existing limb mounting angle of Bowtech bows.

It sounds like they will have to make a few changes to comply, includingriser appearrance, cam appearance, and limb abgle. I doubt it will hurt Elite in the long run as everyone I know who has shot their bows seems very happy, I just think someone who is considering a new Elite should at least know about it.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:09 PM

Sorry dude, didn't mean to offend. I'm not actually sure of the limb angle, but I think so. All the hearings concluded, in a nutshell, was that they had tobe different in APPEARANCE.......
Old 08-14-2006, 04:07 PM

thanks for the info about Elite Archery I like the looks of there bows and the price but maybe with all there trouble I'll just check out the bowtechs
Old 08-14-2006, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

mo, no worries, I just didn't want to come off as a "basher"... Okie, I would look around and keep your options open but as I said before, everyone I have heard from who has shot an Elite has been VERY impressed!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:51 PM

All I know is what we are being told by Elite at the shop. I guess I have to just go by what they say. Having said all that, I, too, won't be completely comfortable until about January.

Anyway, a friend of mine just this evening bought an Energy. Man, that is one SWEET bow!!! There is no hand shock or vibration at all. When I say "NONE" that's what I mean. You almost have to be told you just shot the bow. It is just so quiet, it makes my head spin. For an aggressive cam, it is very smooth. Fast isn't an issue either. On a 28" draw, 6.4 grains per pound, he was shooting in the upper 280's.

I positively LOVE my UltraTec, but I would trade up for an E-500 right now.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:13 AM

They have to stop producing product that LOOKS like Bowtech. All they have to do is make the cut outs different so it appears to be a different cam, and problem solved. Yeah, I know the next thing I am going to hear about is the deal between Darton and Bowtech.....the "exclusive" deal......I'm no legal person, but I DO know if they were producing cams illegally, Darton would already be in on the lawsuit, and they aren't.

What happened to Kodiak's binary cam bow??

Elite will not have a binary cam bow - period - they cannot make some cutouts and change it.

Darton is not in the lawsuit because Bowtech has dealt with it and the courts have dealt with it. If the turnout is not to Dartons liking - then they will deal with it.

This has not even gone to court yet - all orders from Judge are preliminary.

The big day is still to come.

- only edited to fix where the quote ends so we could differentiate Rack's comments... Greg