Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

M.A.D. Buck Growl

Old 08-07-2006, 08:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: M.A.D. Buck Growl

Biggest dissappointment ever... I bought mine off of ebay, got it, tried it once and GAVE IT AWAY! If you are a true follower of the Drury Boys and have seen the clip on whitetail maddness 9 it show a guy from Wisconsin who has great footage of the "GROWL" and this call re-produces that vocalization horribly. And the MAD Growler is so soft you can barely hear it... Never again, I am waiting for the Primos version to come out and see if it is any better...
Old 08-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why does a call have to be called a "buck growl" to produce the call. Personally I can imitate it on both the River Valley Game Call's Deer Flute and the new Signature Series one as well. Hell I can pick up my Woods Wise, my True Talker and my cheap Bracklyn call and also produce the sound...save your money, don't wait for Primos....then again, I doubt I use the "buck growl" in my calling sequences anyhow...just a couple grunts usually does the trick, couple it with a contact call.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

When have you used a grunt tube and immediately had 5 or 6 bucks come running in to investigate? Me, NEVER!!! There is something to the "GROWL", I have not had enough time to re-search it but I believe it is going to be very powerful... Like I said a thousand times, watch the clip from the Drury Brothersby the gentleman in Wisconsin and you will be amazed, and if you can make the true "Growl" on a grunt tube I want to hear it... Check out this link... http://www.druryoutdoors.com/madbgcomm.html
Old 08-07-2006, 08:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well if your ever up this way, drop me a line, I'll do it for ya...I'm likely to imitate it as well in the up and coming River Valley Game Call instructional video as well... The first call I ever used was more than 20 years ago when I was 16...this ain't my first rodeo.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

On any given day, any deer, may respond to yourcalling no matter what youare using. They have one guy on film getting the deer to respond. That may happen once in a lifetime. How many times have you called to deer only to have him continue on his way?
Old 08-07-2006, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought the call. I am a big fan of the Drury's and think there may be something to this call if used right. I plan on only using this call for the first time when I see a buck off a way. I want to see how the deer reacts to the "growl".

I also really like the grunt on the Buck Growl. And ROB, how did you manage to get a growl on your True Talker. I tried and all I got is a real weird grunt that sounded like a sick duck.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

how did you manage to get a growl on your True Talker. I tried and all I got is a real weird grunt that sounded like a sick duck.
Sounds like you are doing it correctly[8D]
Old 08-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

If nothing else I would say it does have a nice sounding grunt to me.As far as the growl goes I can't say,because other than TV I have'nt heard it.Why not try it?Thats what this hobby is all about to me.Just getting in the woods and experimenting with the Whitetails.I love hunting and Whitetails in general.I'm a big fan of calling deer and always looking for a new tool to try.It might not work but who knows it might surprise you as well.It might keep me in my stand an extra hour after i'm ready to leave experimenting with it and that could be all it takes.
Just my thoughts.Oh,and I got mine from Wal-Mart for $15 so looks like a saved $5 bucks.I will also be purchasing the Primos call as well.
James
Old 08-08-2006, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

Rob.........your a cowboy[8D]..............I never been to a rodeo.......
Old 08-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought that the Primos call sounded worse when I saw it advertised. But the Drury call doesn't sound exactly like the growl either.

Quick Reply: M.A.D. Buck Growl

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.