Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad day for 3D Bow- blow up

Old 08-07-2006, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bad day for 3D Bow- blow up

[:@] ME and my favarite hunting bud (MY 14 YEAR OLD SON Dalton) were at a local 3d shoot sunday and having a ball until target 22. my son has a parker hunter mag set on #55 lbs less than a year old.half way drawing back, the bow exploded scaring the s^!** out of him and everyone around. luck was on his side as far as not getting hurt. Im glad he was not in a tree when it happened. looks like the lug that holds one of the strings to the lower cam came out letting everything go. parker has a lifetime warranty on defects, so looks i will be making a trip to the pro shop where i bought it. Dan
Old 08-07-2006, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bad day for 3D Bow- blow up

I'm glad to hear he is OK. Unfortunately, I have also had bad luck with Parker bows. Went through 2 set of limbs on mine. Ended up giving the bow away.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Scary stuff indeed....especially when its your kid and not you behind the bow. I am very fortunate to have never had this problem (knocks on wood).
Old 08-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Wow!
I agree with these guys, I'm glad everything's ok. How do you think he'll act the next time he draws?
Good luck, and I hope it didn't scare him too bad.

Old 08-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am 15 and i had the same thing happen 2 weeks ago except i was at full draw, and my bow was a browning
Old 08-07-2006, 01:50 PM

He's 14 and fearless. Things do happen and I'm happy that your young man is unhurt. Was there any warning such as rattles or unusual vibration/sound? String Slack? I've been reading on this site that this has been happening quit often. Anyone know how to remedy this?

I always do my checks before and after and especially if I hear something out of the norm.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:07 PM

i had that happen to me too about 3 years ago with my browning micro midas 2. i was lookin at the limbs of that bow and noticed there were some cracks in it and i was wondering if browning would cover this in there warranty or if browning has a warranty becasue i want to set this bow up for my 14 year old friend.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:16 PM

Glad to hear he is okay. I've heard that happening with Parkers and Brownings quite often.
Old 08-07-2006, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very scary stuff Glad he is ok. I would be switching bows for sure. Have heard that about the Parkers.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

there was no warning on mine, i check(ed) it all the time and kept the string waxed and it ended up my string just flat out snapped

Quick Reply: Bad day for 3D Bow- blow up

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.