Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHISKER BISQUIT

Old 08-10-2006, 02:10 PM

Default RE: WHISKER BISQUIT

ORIGINAL: HuntinGUS

Who knows what made the deer spook? It could have been a number of things or a combination of things.
Exactly.

The problem comes from the misinformation and bad advice.......telling people that a rest is loud and spooks deer when it is not does a great disservice to anyone who comes here looking for information to help them make educated choices based on what they read.

[/quote]
Old 08-10-2006, 02:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Here he is, Daveoh (I think). You could ask him....but you'd have to kill ME!.....lol

Old 08-10-2006, 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

More likely to be a rookie mistake.

But did his grip really come loose?

Jeff
You answered your own question.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Atlas.....

You kill me.

If you must have the last word.....then I concede it to you. I will not post again.

From now on, though.....when people ask about the WB....can I just post the "noise" information from THEIR site....instead of posting MY experience?

Can I?

OK....I will.

Jeff

see ya.....
Old 08-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

We can go round and round all day but it won't change the FACT that ALL rests will make noise and for various different reasons, the Whisker Biscuit is no exception.

All of them, Hmmmmmmmmmmm.............................[&:][&:][&:]
Old 08-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Site Bouncer

In your golf scenario......if you told me your grip came loose.....WHO THE HELL AM I TO TELL YOU IT DIDN'T??? You're bolstering my argument with scenarios such as this. Grips come loose all the time!
I know that some things don't translate to the written word as well as others do but I don't remember telling you that in my "scenario" the grip came loose, I just said it was the grip's fault. That being said my point was it seems pretty hard to swallow that you knew exactly what the cause was when you essentially were/are a beginer bow hunter, that's all.

Another thing that has come to light is that you pretty much did no research into your equipment (at least as far as rests were concerned) because if you had you would have known the tips to keep your draw quiet. But instead of responding to these type of threads with " I didn't but if you set it up correctly and follow some simple rules to keeping the rest quiet it will be just that.....quiet" or something to that order, you just come out and blast the thing and say it's loud. Then you try a backdoor complement by saying your kid has one and it's a good rest, with the underlying thought that well it's good enough for kids but not you.

Even if what you say happened and it was the rest that spooked the deer (I still don't think so), it was still entirely your fault because you didn't take the time to read up on it and set it up correctly in the first place. Yet, you seem to chime in on every one of these type of posts with the "it's too loud montra" yet never explain that perhaps in your case the noise could have been corrected easily.

Insteadyou go out and buy another rest and promtly alter it to be quiet because it was........too loud.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

We can go round and round all day but it won't change the FACT that ALL rests will make noise and for various different reasons, the Whisker Biscuit is no exception.

All of them, Hmmmmmmmmmmm.............................[&:][&:][&:]
ok...ok..."most" of them. damn traditionalist hunters!
Old 08-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep John.... I was about to say the same thing! [8D]
Old 08-10-2006, 02:52 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Yep John.... I was about to say the same thing! [8D]
I have to remember that those guys are "all around us".

Just who do they think they are....all stealthy and such.

I still shoot my browning recurve every once and a while, brings me back to my youth starting out in archery. One day I will hunt with it.

Old 08-10-2006, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

still shoot my browning recurve every once and a while, brings me back to my youth starting out in archery. One day I will hunt with it.
Check out the Primos boys' latest Bowhunting video (#3)... Brad Farris takes a recurve on a hunt for the exact reasons you cited above. Pretty neat.

Quick Reply: WHISKER BISQUIT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.