Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHISKER BISQUIT

Old 08-10-2006, 01:15 PM

Default RE: WHISKER BISQUIT

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Yawn.....

Here ya go

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypocrisy
Old 08-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I posted something....and now I take it back.

Have a good day.

Jeff
Old 08-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Site Bouncer

We can go round and round all day but it won't change the FACT that ALL rests will make noise and for various different reasons, the Whisker Biscuit is no exception.

There are two things I think SBGobblersissome how not understanding:

1. If setup properly, theWhiscker Biscuit isplenty quietenough to hunt deereven at close ranges.

2. There is no way you will convince me (someone who has been bow hunting for over 20 years) that it was the rest and ONLY the rest that caused that deer to spook. This comming from someone who has admitted that it was their first year bowhunting and it was their first buck seen close up.

To put this into perspective, it would be like me telling you that in my first yearever playing golf, I hit the ball into thedrink while attempting my first par three hole that carries water......ever. Then telling you that it was the club's grip that made me dunk it and not anything else.............what would YOU tell me? And to top it all off, I've only been out and hit less than 100 balls before playing my first round of golf.

I don't know if it's an ego thing or what but you won't even entertain the thought that it could have been one of a hundred other things that spooked that deer. Could it have been the rest? Hell yes, I'm not saying itabsolutely wasn't, and I believe that in your mind you are positive that's what it was.But what Ihave said to you in the past and am trying to say now is that I doubt that's what it was and that it could have been many many other things as well.

I suspect,the more years you spend bow hunting deer you will come to this conclusion as well.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

We can go round and round all day but it won't change the FACT that ALL rests will make noise and for various different reasons, the Whisker Biscuit is no exception.

There are two things I think SBGobblersissome how not understanding:

1. If setup properly, theWhiscker Biscuit isplenty quietenough to hunt deereven at close ranges.

2. There is no way you will convince me (someone who has been bow hunting for over 20 years) that it was the rest and ONLY the rest that caused that deer to spook. This comming from someone who has admitted that it was their first year bowhunting and it was their first buck seen close up.

To put this into perspective, it would be like me telling you that in my first yearever playing golf, I hit the ball into thedrink while attempting my first par three hole that carries water......ever. Then telling you that it was the club's grip that made me dunk it and not anything else.............what would YOU tell me? And to top it all off, I've only been out and hit less than 100 balls before playing my first round of golf.

I don't know if it's an ego thing or what but you won't even entertain the thought that it could have been one of a hundred other things that spooked that deer. Could it have been the rest? Hell yes, I'm not saying itabsolutely wasn't, and I believe that in your mind you are positive that's what it was.But what Ihave said to you in the past and am trying to say now is that I doubt that's what it was and that it could have been many many other things as well.

I suspect,the more years you spend bow hunting deer you will come to this conclusion as well.
That sums it up pretty well.............and I didn't have to type a lot
Old 08-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Guys....I don't know who's saying this is the first buck I ever saw. It wasn't. The first one I saw was a half-rack 6. The buck in question was a full 6. They just happened to be seen from the same stand location.

If I'd farted....I'd be fairly certain that the air passing through my anus and creating an audible whistlingnoise would have been the determining factor that put my buck on alert. If I'd farted.....I'd have told you....and BOY what a funny deer hunting tale (no pun intended)we'd have been talking about for the last few days).

The fact that you got the first part of this wrong makes MUCH of your conjecture afterwards, MOOT.

In your golf scenario......if you told me your grip came loose.....WHO THE HELL AM I TO TELL YOU IT DIDN'T??? You're bolstering my argument with scenarios such as this. Grips come loose all the time!

I suspect....the more you learn about me....you'll take my word for things. If I thought I'd spooked that buck....I'd be the first to tell you. I am NOT a master deer hunter ....by ANY stretch. But...when I tell you something happened....don't let your love for a PRODUCT .....MAKE YOU BELIEVE what YOU want to. If I'd screwed up....I'd admit it (as I have MANY times....in life...and in hunting).

I've drawn down on deer since that day......and I'm just not experiencing the noise issues I used to have (for WHATEVER reason).

Have a great hunting season.

Jeff
Old 08-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Dominant Buck

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futile
Old 08-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man this mole hill has became a Mountain!!!

Who knows what made the deer spook? It could have been a number of things or a combination of things. It could have been the WB!

The fact of the matter is that SBGobblers felt the rest had something to do with it and decided to change. Nothing at all wrong with that IMO. If I were not confident in my equiptment, I would change it also as most all of us would. Confidence goes along way in the stand and second guessing can kill your hunt. IMO it's more about what you are confident with than anything else.

If it ain't broke.....don't fix it.

If it is broke (in your mind)............ya darn well better fix it![:-]

Happy hunting!!!!

Old 08-10-2006, 02:04 PM

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Guys....I don't know who's saying this is the first buck I ever saw. It wasn't. The first one I saw was a half-rack 6. The buck in question was a full 6. The fact that you got the first part of this wrong makes MUCH of your conjecture afterwards, MOOT.
So it's the 2nd buck you ever saw and the first you ever tried to shoot........do you really think that changes anything?

In your golf scenario......if you told me your grip came loose.....WHO THE HELL AM I TO TELL YOU IT DIDN'T??? You're bolstering my argument with scenarios such as this. Grips come loose all the time!

You are not listening to what he (or anyone else) is saying. His point was what is more likely to be the cause of a first time rookie mistake??......faulty equipment or being a rookie?

Old 08-10-2006, 02:07 PM
Fork Horn

CAN SOMEONE SAY THREADJACKED?

My **** is better than yours....

Get over it guys.

Yes the bisquit makes noise...

Does the bisquit spook deer? Lets ask the next one we meet... and leave it at that. [:@]
Old 08-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Dominant Buck

More likely to be a rookie mistake.

But did his grip really come loose?

Jeff

Quick Reply: WHISKER BISQUIT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.