Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Input/Advice Appreciated

Old 08-06-2006, 11:52 AM

Default Input/Advice Appreciated

I just got back from shooting my bow out at my cousins and have a few issues to solve and/ or figure out. The first is that while sighting in my bow, my field points would not group all that well. This was disappointing because i just had a peep installed on my bow. Once i got them to group somewhat decent, I decided to shoot my broadheads just for the heck of it.The first three shot group with my Muzzy125's cut the fletching off one arrow, and cut another arrow. Thiswas at10 yards. AndI must say,I was quite baffled as to why my broadheads are grouping better than my field points. Mysecond issue is that I was planning on sighting my bow in at 10, 20, and 30 yards.But after shooting at10 and 20 yards, I only need my 10 yard pin.SoI wasnt sure hw to go about fixing that. Thanks in advacne for all the help.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:32 PM

Default RE: Input/Advice Appreciated

I don't doubt you only need one pin to 20 yards. No need to fix that, in fact, that's a good thing. Your field points not grouping is either a form problem you have, or your bow isn't tuned properly. Your Muzzy's are 125 gr, I assume your field points are as well?? It could be that when you were shooting your BH's, you were paying closer attention to form and such.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

With todays bows/setups a ten yard pin is seldom necessary. I find that my 20 yard pin is but an inch high at 10 yards. I'd suggest sighting in your 20 yard pin and then shoot at 10 yards rather than using your 10 at 20. Then you'll have a 20 and 30 yard pin.

LOL, Posted the same time as mobow

Old 08-06-2006, 12:42 PM

thanks for the help guys. looks like ill just have to shoot more. what distances do you think i should set my pins at? 20-30-40? thanks again
Old 08-06-2006, 12:45 PM

Sounds good. Mine are 20-60.