Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Smack talkers

Old 08-04-2006, 08:15 PM

Default RE: Smack talkers

I believe that mathews didintroduceparalell limbs into the main stream and if u cant prove that they did'nt know your role!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

And it was Martin I believe that invented the single cam.....
I did'nt say they did, they just perfected it!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:19 PM

ORIGINAL: trytan74

So your saying Mathews invented the bow and arrow and everyone else is only copying them...lol

I am sorry to bust your bubble but mathews prolly got 1 of the worst R&D programs in high end bow companies. They spend all there R & D money on 10 pages of ads in every magazine on the market not to mention sponsering most tv shows and tons of the IBO shooter. Which I am glad they do since I need something to layer the bottom of the bird cage with every week

Mathews doesn't make a bad bow just I feel they are getting passed more and more every yr by companies that are spending money in R & D and less in advertisement. The have done some good stuff on the market but it is a stretch to say they they advanced the market by over 55yrs on there own.

Trytan
spoken like a true greenhorn who knows nothing about bowhunting in general! Or how to spell

Old 08-04-2006, 08:20 PM

Nevermind. I was gonna git in on this, but it just ain't worth it. Anyone who shoot's a Mathews can't be reasoned w/ anyway. Too much peer pressure behind it.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:23 PM

I am sorry to bust your bubble but mathews prolly got 1 of the worst R&D programs in high end bow companies. They spend all there R & D money on 10 pages of ads in every magazine on the market not to mention sponsering most tv shows and tons of the IBO shooter
You mean the best program..They are in it to sell bows.........and that they do........

It may bite em in the but oneday......or it may not...........but they are still in the big three.

Old 08-04-2006, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, I'm up for a good discussion but I sure hope your kidding cuz I fall in that category of "anyone".. I work for a bow shop inMOand I don't see your comment as being true at all...
Why is this even a discussion, some of you aregetting really serious or so it seems like it.. They are all decent bows and there is one for each person as an individual.
I shoot mathews, my brother shoots martin, my wife shoots a parker and I have friends that shoot anything from bowtech to hoyt to mathews... All good bows..[8D]
ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Nevermind. I was gonna git in on this, but it just ain't worth it. Anyone who shoot's a Mathews can't be reasoned w/ anyway. Too much peer pressure behind it.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

"spoken like a true greenhorn who knows nothing about bowhunting in general!"

Your real funny dude. I am hardly a "greenhorn" I might not be the most technical person on this forum but I do know mathews didn't first makesolocam it was either Martian or for some reason I want to think Alpine had something in there in the same time frame. But tell me what has Mathews intraduced to the marketin the last 3yrs or so. They add another Harmonic Dampleror 2 to last yrs bow and call it a new bow..lol

Can you honestly tell me you don't beleive they spend 10X more money on ads and sponsers then any other bow on the market?

Take your mathews and put it on a chrono then tell me where it stands on top bows on the market.

Trytan
Old 08-04-2006, 08:31 PM

Dude, read my sig. Yes, they are decent bows, no question. But there IS alot of peer pressure to buy Mathews. They've figured out how to sell bows, and there's no question about that. I've seen quite a few guys come into our shop w/ a buddy that shootsa Switchback. Guy shoots a Trykon or whatever, and actually says the following, (I've heard this more than once) "Yeah, that {whatever bow} is smoother and faster, but my buddies all shoot Mathews so that's what I'm gonna get."

Peer pressure. Plain and simple. Everywhere you look on TV, what do you see? Switchbacks. Like I said, they know how to sell a bow, and they do so very, very well. And not because they're a bad bow, they aren't, but I HONESTLY don't think they are as good as all the hype. But that's my opinion, and everybody has one.

Old 08-04-2006, 08:36 PM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Dude, read my sig. Yes, they are decent bows, no question. But there IS alot of peer pressure to buy Mathews. They've figured out how to sell bows, and there's no question about that. I've seen quite a few guys come into our shop w/ a buddy that shootsa Switchback. Guy shoots a Trykon or whatever, and actually says the following, (I've heard this more than once) "Yeah, that {whatever bow} is smoother and faster, but my buddies all shoot Mathews so that's what I'm gonna get."

Peer pressure. Plain and simple. Everywhere you look on TV, what do you see? Switchbacks. Like I said, they know how to sell a bow, and they do so very, very well. And not because they're a bad bow, they aren't, but I HONESTLY don't think they are as good as all the hype. But that's my opinion, and everybody has one.
I shoot the first Legacy that came out! and by the way trytan boy it still shoots gold tip 5575 pro hunters at 280fps so pack that in your pipe and smoke it!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:37 PM

Take your mathews and put it on a chrono then tell me where it stands on top bows on the market.
BING! BING! We have a winner!! Thank you very much!!!

Quick Reply: Smack talkers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.