Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help me pick a Hang-on stand!

Old 08-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Help me pick a Hang-on stand!

I've got the lone wolf....and I have to ask....

WHAT IN THE WORLD could be more convenient than the hanging system of the lone wolf? You go up the ladder and you hang it on the hook.

This is likely THE reason I picked this stand. I bought two extra hook straps.....and I've got three strap-on ladders. I put the ladders on the trees........attach the climbing rope (with prussic knot)......add a tow line.....and put the lone wolf strap on the trees......and I've got three places I can utilize with one stand....only having to remove the stand from a single hook when departing. If someone wants a $50 ladder that bad.....they need it worse than I do. If my stand was there, I'd worry.......but lone wolf makes it easy enough to NOT leave it there.

For THIS reason....I chose the lone wolf.

jeff
Old 08-07-2006, 03:24 PM
Banned

I have a Summit Copperhead and love it. Place the hangon strap around the tree and then hook the stand onto it. Quiet, comfortable, and very lightweight.The most comfortable hang on that I have is a Millenium stand. It too has a receptacle that hangs around the tree and then you hook the stand to it. Also very lightweight. Both of these have nice sized platforms.Here is the millenium. I see Cabelas is now selling them. I bought mine at the IA deer Classic and got a padded cushion camo seatthat runs the whole lenghth of the back to under your butt. AWESOME stand and very Quiet and easy to shoot out of.I got rid of the chain and subsituted a motorcycle strap.HCH

Old 08-07-2006, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

i HAVE THIS STAND AND LOVE IT. cOMFORTABLE AND HUGE PLATFORM.

ORIGINAL: outdoorsmen

gorrila silverback mag.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

gorilla king kong lounger has a nice air ride seat,back rest and padded armrests for about $120
Old 08-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Fork Horn

Well, if you only want one treestand for one location, i say go with a gorrilla, but if you want to have multiple areas to hunt with only one treestand, you better go with the chippewa wedge-loc series. It will be a bit costly, but trust me in another 4 or 5 years you will actually begin to save money since all you have to do is by one treestand with multiple harnesses and your ready to hunt in an unlimited amount of locations. I just bought the chippewa chief, and it only weighs a mere9.5 pounds.The best part is it only takes10 seconds to set up and your ready to hunt. Go to there web sight at chippewawedgeloc.com and they will send you aprice list and afree movie on how easy it is to set this stand up.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys for the continuing suggestions. I've been checking them all out and I... still am. Thanks again.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Spike

With out a doubt Lone Wolf hang on stands! Quiet, Comfortable, Lightwieght and easy to transport and hang.I couldn't be happier with mine. Worth every penny.. My 2 cents for what its worth.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Summit Copperhead and love it. Place the hangon strap around the tree and then hook the stand onto it. Quiet, comfortable, and very lightweight.The most comfortable hang on that I have is a Millenium stand. It too has a receptacle that hangs around the tree and then you hook the stand to it. Also very lightweight. Both of these have nice sized platforms.Here is the millenium. I see Cabelas is now selling them. I bought mine at the IA deer Classic and got a padded cushion camo seatthat runs the whole lenghth of the back to under your butt. AWESOME stand and very Quiet and easy to shoot out of.I got rid of the chain and subsituted a motorcycle strap.HCH

This is a great stand as far as I can tell. I just got one and will let yoou know.... They also sell only the seat. A freind of mine make his own platforms and uses these seats. He loves them
Old 08-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

If money not a problem the Lone Wolf 'Alpha' is a great stand with options to hang extra brackets and move one stand around.
The Gorillas are also great, King Kong Lounger or Silver Back (alum)--the API seems unstable, the platform rocks--mine does at least, the Summit Copperhead XL & Head Hunterare very light and easy to hang, but the seat can get uncomfortable.
Last year I purchased some Big Game Boss XL stands at a reasonable price and was quite impressed how solid they were.
Remington also make a pretty good stand and comes with the arm rest--come in handy.
Now I can once again afford to take a risk in areas where the tree stand thieves lurk--as it wouldn't hurt as much if they took the Boss XL--compared to my Alpha.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:09 PM

just ordered a lone wolf. havent got it yet. ill repost once i see how it hangs in a twisted oak.

Quick Reply: Help me pick a Hang-on stand!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.