Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ordered it!!

Old 07-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default ordered it!!

well guys..im sure many of you that known me since i been a member wont believe it because i always thought id buy a bow every year, but today i FINALLY ordered it!! itll be shipped tomarrow or monday at the latest!..heres the order....

Reflex Highlander
67lb 28inch draw
-12 easton Epic arrows w/ field pts with 4 inch right helical feathers(white and yellow)
-6 muzzy 100gr 3 blade heads
-nap quick tune 1000 rest
-Truglo extreme 5 pin sight..string loop and a medium sized shurz-a-peep
-Nap Shock blocker stabilizer..bow comes with alpha shox and sims string leeches
-Alpine Soft Loc 3 arrow quiver(choose 3 over 5 because some spots i hunt i cant screw into trees to hang and figured a smaller quiver would be better for when i need to leave it on the bow and if i shoot more then 3 times in a day i need to shoot my target more or i filled all my tags lol..rest of the arrows will be in the truck)
-Trufire Hurricane power strap release

the bow and everything will come in a Flambeau hard case..tuned..20yd pin dialed in, and full system report.

i cant wait guys...what do yall think about my first setup?? think itll be a good shooter and good first bow??

also bought a 4x4 target at walmart today for like 30$ figured it might not be as good as a block or black hole or anything but it looks fairly good and solid for the price. if i bring it in out of the weather and take care of it i think itll be fine till i buy a few good targets for the backyard range. i cant wait. it should be here mid week next week

Old 07-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ordered it!!

Old 07-27-2006, 11:16 PM

Hey buddy, that is GREAT news. Congrats. O yeah, my buddy just bought a 4X4 target from Wal-Mart, it was from Knight & Hale and it was about $30. Let me give you some pointers for that target, if you are shooting the spots, aim at the top or the bottom ones, always carry a bar of soap to rub on your arrows before you shoot, get a good arrow grip, and hope your arms hold up, it is one of the hardest targets I have seen to pull arrows from. When I shot an arrow from my bow into the target, I had to turn the target over, stand over top of my arrow (on the target) and pull with all of my might to get the arrow out.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

dang buck your still here!?!?! havent seen you around in a long while!! i probably just miss your posts!! but YOU remember me about to buy a bow a few years ago. you helped me out ALOT and taught me brach height and other usefull stuff!! you guys figured id NEVER get a bow i bet! lol. all my hard work finnnnnnnnally paid off with a new toy to show for it! usually it goes into the truck or bills lol.

thats the target alright! i was kinnnnda worried about it STOPPING an arrow..it is REALLY light....but thats because they used light HARD foam....oh well.....ill learn to pull em outa tehre somehow! lol dad asked me if i was going to shoot into a HAY BALE! he told me if i was shooting feathers i gota watch they dont go into the hay too far! i was like DAD! bows came a LONGGGGGGGG way in 15yrs since youve shot one.....i CANT shoot into a hay bale and hope it stops my arrow! hes like what? i was like ya hows 270ish FPS sound? he about died! lol i cant wait to get it and start shooting.....and dads drawlegnth should be about identical to mine..we are about the same build. i may be a bit longer if any....but i want to get him to shoot it. im sure he will like it and hopefully get into it again. even if he wont shoot it im sure he will draw it and love it lol. man im excited...i betcha it comes the only day i work next mid week! or the NIGHT before that day i work lol.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Man!! I know you've been hoping ofr a bow for a long time....AND NOW YOU HAVE IT! I wish you many years of memories with this bow.....and maybe a few deer with it too.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome, Mauser.... Awesome!!! You got a Highlander like I have! [8D]

YOURS
Reflex Highlander
67lb 28inch draw
-12 easton Epic arrows w/ field pts with 4 inch right helical feathers(white and yellow)
-6 muzzy 100gr 3 blade heads
-nap quick tune 1000 rest
-Truglo extreme 5 pin sight..string loop and a medium sized shurz-a-peep
-Nap Shock blocker stabilizer..bow comes with alpha shox and sims string leeches
-Alpine Soft Loc 3 arrow quiver(choose 3 over 5 because some spots i hunt i cant screw into trees to hang and figured a smaller quiver would be better for when i need to leave it on the bow and if i shoot more then 3 times in a day i need to shoot my target more or i filled all my tags lol..rest of the arrows will be in the truck)
-Trufire Hurricane power strap release

MINE
Reflex Highlander (lefty)
68#, 29" draw
- 6 Beman ICS Hunter 340 arrows, stock, right out of the box...
- 3 Magnus Stinger Buzzcuts 100 grain, and 3 Slick Tricks 100 grain
- NAP quiktune 1000
- Vital Bow Gear Camelback pendulum sight
- S Coil stablizer
- Alpine Soft Loc 3 arrow quiver
- Scott Shark dual caliper buckle release

Old 07-28-2006, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hang on to your guns. Occasionally you may still want to shoot them, but not often Congrats on joining the ranks!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys..i knew some of you would be glad to hear i finally own a bow!! ..well..i will and its paid for!

butch...you were one of the deciding factors in which bow to go with! lol. ive heard way to much about the highlander..for the money i dont think i can go wrong. i think ive heard more about the highlander then the tribute, allegiance or switchback! hopefully they get that puppy mailed TODAY or tomarrow..that way itll be here tuesday...im off tuesday and wed! lol man i cant wait....all these years didnt kill me....but these next few days might

ristrutstopper....your right about the guns......im hoping to never NEED to shoot them again...particularly the deer rifle! lol i love my guns and they aint going anywhere but i hope they start taking on alot of dust!
Old 07-28-2006, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

u must of dropped some serious change on that setup itd take me a long time of saving to order everything like that at once
Old 07-28-2006, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mauser06

i cant wait guys...what do yall think about my first setup?? think itll be a good shooter and good first bow??
I think that would be a great first bow, or second or third or fourth.
I really like the specs of that bow, hope you have fun with it!

Quick Reply: ordered it!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.