Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I cant wait any longer..

Old 07-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I cant wait any longer..

I'm behind. I haven't shot enough. My bow is in the shop for new strings and cables. I've been traveling too much. My wife was sick and then died which turned my otherwise confused life upside down. I'm sure Len has my bow done and I'll try to get down and pick it up Saturday or maybe tomorrow .. BUT.. my daughter-in-law is coming to DC for work tomorrow. I'm picking her up at Reagan National and trucking her to Bethesda after a lunch somewhere. At least I've started walking and jogging a little. Fortunately all my arrows are tuned, just have to break in the new strings and check them again. I'm planning on a lot of places to go but there just isn't enough time. Friends want me to come to Ga for bow season but I don't see how. I'm going to a Vietnam reunion in Indiana mid Sept. Have a hunt planned for the end of Sept and first week of Oct in NY. Indiana and Ohio in Nov. New York in Oct and Nov. WV some where in there. Later down to Georgia. And that doesn't count my hunting here. It just all is coming too fast. OH, I forgot, I'm still suppose to go to Texas sometime and thin out some Axis deer that have taken over a friends land. I been trying to work that in for 2 years. I guess maybe I can work that in with a trip to visit the General in San Antonio. I can wait a little longer so I can get it organized and in shape. Two weeks visit in Georgia put me way behind. At least I got on the exercise trip.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:46 PM

50 days here and I'm pretty ready. Got to hang a few stands but I've been shooting about everyday from about 15 ft. up. Season can't get here fast enough.

Dave, sounds like you got your hand full right now. I thought you were supposed to take it easy when you get old.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mike from Texas

Hehe. I feel sorry for you guys that can't hunt year round like we can in Texas. I've killed 16 hogs and 3 turkeys since deer season ended. I love Texas.

AWe man, that just ain't right. LOL sounds lke some good eat'n
Old 07-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Hehe. I feel sorry for you guys that can't hunt year round like we can in Texas. I've killed 16 hogs and 3 turkeys since deer season ended. I love Texas.
Oh yea.. my neighbor has dated 18 hogs and drank 16 bottles of Wild Turkey since deer season ended.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea I know what you mean, I cant wait either been practicing in my backyard every other day.
Drilling three arrows in a size of a bottle cap at 30 yards and reading hunting magazines.
I'm going to aBig Game 3 D Shoot on Saturday and Sunday to compette with other bow hunters.
Got all my tree stands and climbing sticks ready and all my hunting clothes washed and clean.
Playing with my grunt tubes and other calls , watching videos and shopping at Cabela's.
I'm telling ya this waiting is driving me nut's (I GOTTA KILL SOMETHING ) just kidding.
Iguess I'll just wait it out for a couple of months.