Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nursery will open for Bow Hunters

Old 07-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Nursery will open for Bow Hunters

All hunters thinking of doing this hunt should go to this site and read this. They just updated the site this morning and sent me an email. Read it and think about it, let's talk about it etc. I'll start, it kind of looks like it will be a bag of worms. The mans wife sent me an email with this link that tells how they'll do it. Not only do you have to wait until the day before you want to hunt, but they allow others, they have a problem with poachers infringing etc etc. It sounds kind of wormy to me, but maybe that's the way it is in PA. Read and let us know what you think. Sounds like we could have a chinese firedrill going.
http://www.seedlingsrus.com/BowHunting.html
Old 07-31-2006, 07:38 AM

After reading a few of your posts, I was actually considering changing my mind and going but then I read their webiste again. The part about having poachers who are "rough people in the area who are respondsible for this condition" has me worried enough not to go. I meet enough *******s in Md to have to worry about my back in Pa.

This sounds like it could turn out to be a nice annual event but I would like some more assurances that I wouldn't be hunted myself.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Poachers aside, it kind of sounds like a semi organized free for all.

I don't know the exact numbers, but it sounded like there would be quite a few hunters allowed per day.

If he wants deer numbers reduced, I think this will work, however I think the place will literally get pounded. With new hunters in every day, there will be no way to tell how many days a particular area has been hunted, or if the guy before you walked out of Taco Bell and right to his stand site.

I am also not a big fan of the "if it crosses the property line, just shoot another one" concept. In fact, as far as I can tell, it is aganst the PA state regulations

"Recovering Dead or Injured Wildlife: It is unlawful for a hunter to refuse or neglect to make a reasonable effort to retrieve any killed or injured game or wildlife. Hunters attempting to recover wildlife are not permitted to enter private property without permission. A hunting license does not give you the right to trespass on private property."

I realize that they don't want to upset their neighbors, however it does not alleviate the hunters' responsibility from obeying the law.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:57 AM

I read the same thing and it didn't sit well with me. I understand about not wanting every hunter in the world walking over to their neighboor's land--but I wouldn't want a bunch of dead deer laying around either...Not to mention the ethics of it