Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nursery will open for Bow Hunters

Old 07-29-2006, 05:09 AM

Default RE: Nursery will open for Bow Hunters

ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: davidmil

If this is a freebie, maybe we should have an HNI get together for a long weekend. Heck, I bet we could gather 10 folks to come up and whack does with no problem. We could even have a couple folks make a scouting trip and figure out what's going on ahead of time. The guy would get rid of some deer and we'd have a Gutpile Jamboree. Whatcha all think. I know there are several of us Maryland Delaware folks close enough to make it in2 or 3 hours.
I have an 8 bedroom place in Bradford County that I may be willing to allow some folks to stay in.......this sounds like a great idea.
this is why i love this sight this is great
Old 07-29-2006, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great idea. I would like to come up and hunt a bit. Sounds cool.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:25 AM

More info for the hunt at http://www.seedlingsrus.com/BowHunting.htmlas I get free time I will post more on this page to keep it up to date and all information at one page. Bill
Old 07-29-2006, 10:14 AM

I could be in Bradford county in a couple of hours no problem.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Dominant Buck

OK, the man called me this morning. Alas, I may not have sounded exactly bright because I was up until 2:30 and he called at 7:30. Anyway, what he had invisioned was people sending in their names. He was draw lots for certain properties. It is a free deal, you'd just have to buy the appropriate resident/nonresident licenses. Anyway, he said he could probably do something different for us as a group. I told him we'd talk it over and go from there. In all, they have a lot of land. They have their own and much that they lease. The properties have been hunted in a variety of ways, but he says they always have too many deer and they need to be controlled. Counting all their properties he has about 250,000 acres available. The guy seems to be a real sharp dude and has come up with some unique things in the past. Like one year as a fund raiser for the cops he had you make out a check for $100 for the local police. He ended up with enough money to buy every cop a nice new Glock pistol. That was one of the things he's done. Ours would be free. His initial post said "The First Bowseason". OK you PA guys, when is the first bow season?
Old 07-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Opens Sept 30th this year, Bradford Co is beautifulduring archery season!
Old 07-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

i'm from nyc, ny....count me in
Old 07-29-2006, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think this is a great idea (although I can't go myself) and want to commend bhirst for initiating a program on his land that utilizes willing hunters as a management tool (much better than "deer contraception" ) The guys on here will treat your place right. Save a spot for me in the future.

hb
Old 07-29-2006, 09:06 PM
Dominant Buck

So it sounds like this would have to be sometime in early Oct. Those expressing an interest are

Me
Rickmur
Atlas
Kamil
Might Mike
SteveBNy
Rick James(the Inn Keeper)

Others have said it was a great idea but didn't express an interest in doing it. No committment at this time, BUT... if you're seriously interested say so now. If there's not enough interest to get a group together it would be nice to find out NOW. However, with 6 probables we're getting to a group. That way anyone who wants can schedule it on their own by contacting the nursery at the email posted if we dont do it as a group. I won't go just to go by myself, but I will go to meet up with a bunch of criminals from HNI. So the word is, other than the ones that said they would, tell me if you want to. I'm in New York for early bow the last few days of Sept and would probably make this hunt a continuation of that on my way home. Dang it's nice to be retired and do whatever you want. It would be nice to meet up with a few bowhunting bums. Buck Magnet, I know you can do this. Things to consider, all non resident/resident tags and permits are required. All laws will be obeyed etc etc etc. If you're out of state, it'll cost you a few bucks. I haven't checked the latest laws but figure around $150 for Non-residents to get a Hunting license, archery license and a doe tag. I think doe tags are like $26 if you can get them. You have to do it through the local county I believe. We can find out andclarify that as interest is expressed. Ladies are welcome also. We'll do whatever for special needs. I guess guest would be welcome also, you know.... like invite your computer illiterate hunting buddy to come along. We'll have to find out exact locations of properties just in case motels are needed. Nothing that a few phone calls can't clear up in plenty of time. You have to be flexible people.[8D]
Old 07-29-2006, 09:29 PM
Typical Buck

That sounds very interesting. Can you send me more info bhirst? I live in Chambersburg, PA. I know a couple of guys that would like to look into this. Do you want only doe taken off, or is it anything goes as long as its within regulations.

Quick Reply: Nursery will open for Bow Hunters

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.