Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos Bow Vest anyone?

Old 07-25-2006, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Primos Bow Vest anyone?

I saw this the other day and I like the idea behind it. Anyone tried one on or used on at all?
Old 07-25-2006, 09:24 PM

Default RE: Primos Bow Vest anyone?

I just got mine this year, can't wait to try it.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:32 PM

Personally I don't ever see myself using one. Not that I have a problem with the primos guys at all, but for me( weekend warrior at best) I sometimes ask myself,"How much stuff do I REALLY NEED to take with me??" I also think that it could possibly be somewhat of a hinderance.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have used one for 2 years...Previously I had used a fannypack and before that a backpack...I prefer the vest...Every pocket is accessable and all your stuff is out of the way when you pack in your tree stand...seems that a fannypack was always sliding down my fanny and always in the way of packing in the tree stand...Plus...unless you slide a fanny pack around to the front you have to remove it and a backpack to retrieve anything...

I wear mine all hunting season...If you hunt with a inline, you have plenty of pocketsto include one for quick loads and 209s, one with a baggie with cleaning supplies, etc...They work well...

PS...Even used during turkey season...used vest for calls, gloves, mask etc...And my backpack for decoys, attached a butt pad to my pants belt and I was ready to go...

Old 07-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Spike

personally i don't like them. i found they make me sweat walkin in and they it seemed bulky in the stand with all the hunting goodies. bino's range finders, calls, blah blah blah that we can't do without. i prefer a backpack and then hang it on a tree.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with jrob_bfdit is bulky and heavy. I tried a fanny pack and a back pack and I prefer the fanny pack becasue I usually am carrying a climber and a back pack would have to be carried...
Old 07-26-2006, 06:22 AM
Dominant Buck

I have one. I love it. I only use it when the temps are right.....but when they are (Sept.-Oct).....it's the only thing you need to take in the woods with you.....besides your bow. Safety harness goes on UNDER it.....it is NOT bulky (very light-weight).....and I see NO need for a backpack in those temps (I hunt in NC....and use it during the early to mid-season). I'm hunting in pretty tight qusrters....so seldom do I use binocs (but I also have them on a separate harness)......and the vest is EASILY able to carry everything else I need.

Jeff
Old 07-26-2006, 08:02 AM
Typical Buck

Ive used mine for two years and cant decide whether i like it or not. Its nice when u jus have to walk in to a stand already hung but when u have use hang on steps or a climber its bulky and makes me sweat. idk i mite be switchen this yr i dont know yet.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:29 AM

i love mine used it last year once or twice and beats a damn back pack. i will probably still use my back pack but just for other stuff.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I already use the S.O.P Supreme harness vest, so a second vest might be a little overkill on vests.......
I wish my Supreme had front pockets though. Might have to try and sew a couple on it. That should be good.[:-]

Quick Reply: Primos Bow Vest anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.