Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Primos Bow Vest anyone?

Old 07-26-2006, 08:55 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Primos Bow Vest anyone?

The only thing I do is.......take it off to climb (I just set it in the seat of my climber).

jeff
Old 07-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, I think I'll talk my hunting buddy into getting one and see if I like it.
Old 07-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Spike

I just recently purchased one and am looking forward to using it this season. I bought the vest for two reasons:

First, I was tired to moving all of my gear between hunting clothes. Since the season here in PA can range from 80 degrees to 10 degrees, the hunting clothes can change frequently. Also, it can be difficult accessing the gear in various pockets.

Second, I have a SOP harness that I like but which often gets tangled which is a pain to deal with, especially in the dark. I sewed the SOP harness inside my Primos vest so that the harness cannot tangle. Now, I put on the vest/harness and my gear is already in the pockets.

Finally, I like the handwarmer pockets in the vest. It seems I often had a problem knowing what to do with my hands: the harness obstructed most of my clothing pockets.

The only improvement I might undertake is installing some sort of snaps or velcro to attach the harness so that it is easily removable. This will allow me to use the vest without the harness for ground hunting or stalking. We'll see.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:34 PM

I CAN SEE THE VEST COME IN HANDY WITH ALL THOSE POCKETS WHEN YOU HAVE A CLIMBER STRAPED ON YOUR BACK