Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Arrow Prices

Old 07-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Arrow Prices

ORIGINAL: ONE SHOT.....ONE KILL

How Much are ya'll paying for ACC's. My Local Pro Shop is charging $200 a Dozen!
Are you kidding me? Some people don't pay that much for a bow let alone a doze arrows. I think you need to find a new archery shop because they are ripping you off I don't care how good of arrows they are that is just outragous for arrows.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

You guy's are missing the fact he asked about Easten ACC's - aluminum/carbon composite arrows - not a generic $70/doz carbon's.

That price is a little high for finished arrows, but the shafts and components run more then $10 ea dealer cost.

Steve
Old 07-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Dominant Buck

For $200 per dozen they'd better also have platinum inserts and give great skull ...
Old 07-26-2006, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I amnot saying this to be critical, but why would anyone pay that price? For hunting, I just can't imagine loosing an arrow or breaking it at that price. With the shafts I bought for a good price on eBay and doing my own and having the feathers cut by Gateway from my turkey wing feathers, and it brings down deer, I have to ask what it is that makes someone spend that much? I have guns, and good ones I never paid that much for~ [&:]
Old 07-26-2006, 09:09 PM

We sell 'em for $145/dozen finished, $120/dozen raw shaft. I'd be tellin your guy to.....well.....nevermind.

I think they just went up some this year.

JLmoore, I hear what you're sayin. It does sting a little, but man, they are just.....awesome! I used to shoot Carbon Excel, and for the money, those arrows are darn hard to beat. I switched to A/C/C and I immediately shot better groups. Any arrow that is both carbon and aluminum is going to cost more, no way around it. More materials involved, more labor, and MUCH tighter tolerances. It's just a matter of how good you wanna be, and I wasn't satisfied w/ the Excels. I am MOST happy now, though. It's hard to understand unless you've shot them.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Most I've seen start around 120.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

mobowhuntr, I am sure they would make a diff and yes the composite raises the price, and I think a lot more has to do with the skill of the archer, that to me is 90 percent of it. Then with a better quality you can fine tune. I might be able to shoot better, but I have to shoot individual spots to keep from ruining carbon arrows, and I shoot the small diameter, so I guess I am okay for now. I think if I was to seriously compete in IBO, etc, I would invest, but for taking deer and turkeys..... I do okay!
Old 07-27-2006, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just stopped at my local pro-shop yesterday and ordered a half dozen arrows. Easton 2314's. Why is that when gas prices go up the price of everythign else goes up. When I bought a dozen of them a few years ago I got a dozen for 40.00, no just a half dozen is costing me 36.00, wtf is going on in the world of hunting???????
Old 07-27-2006, 07:28 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I just stopped at my local pro-shop yesterday and ordered a half dozen arrows. Easton 2314's. Why is that when gas prices go up the price of everythign else goes up. When I bought a dozen of them a few years ago I got a dozen for 40.00, no just a half dozen is costing me 36.00, wtf is going on in the world of hunting???????
Look at it this way , everything you own arrived by truck one way or another , there's also the energy cost that the mftr. is passing on because of their increased cost . I work in shipping , be prepared for more sticker shock soon . The effect of high fuel prices is only just now beginning to affect the prices of goods and services .
Old 07-27-2006, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Yep. The shop is charging about $50-$60 too much for the ACC's.

Quick Reply: Arrow Prices

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.