Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BackPacks

Old 07-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default BackPacks

For the two past season i have used to primos bow vest and have liked it alot. The only problem with it is when u get alot og gear in it it bulks up on you. So when i have to use a climber or hang on steps it gets in my way. Would back pack be a better way cuz ucan pull that up aftr u get in the stand like u would for your bow? Should i keep the vest or switch?
Old 07-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: BackPacks

I use a back pack its alot easyer to pull up once your in the stand.
Sometimes I'll use a fanney pack when I travel light but that hardly happens.
I would switch to a good back pack or a fanney pack if you don't stay out all day.
With a fanney pack you can keep it on while you climb up.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

I have tried the vest and the back pack. I have to say the back pack was much easier. I bringallotstuff in and I found it easier to just lift it with the bow. Make sure you get a decent back pack though. My kids (god bless there souls)got me one that doesn't havemuch for pockets or compartments. I am having to dig though stuff to find what I need. Can'tuse a different one because the kids are always making sure I have the one they got me. Maybe they will get me a new one soon.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use a large fanny pack that I attatch to my climber when carrying it in, and also attach it to the arm rest of the climber when ascending so I don't have to haul it up separately. That seems to work well for me.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

i USE A CAMO BACKPACK. i KEEP MY CALLS, SCENTS, CAMERA, FOOD, EVERYTHING IN THERE. i JUST HANG IT FROM A BOW HOOK OFF TO MY SIDE...WORKS WELL.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Dominant Buck

I use a back pack. I wear it on my back as I climb and hook it to my safety strap that loops around the tree. Ithooks to my stand for going in and out of the woods.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Well I found this pack whenI was in CO this past year. I think it's the bomb. Its called the Slingshot and is made by Eberlstock. It's made for bowhunters and is very functional. It's not too big either thats why I liked it. Tou still think about what you need and leave the thinsg home that are not essential. Keep it light is the way to go. It gives you the ability to climb w/ you bow close to you. Also, the way I have it situated my top camis only 2" higher than the top of my head and it's synched in tight so that when I need to go under branches etc... it does not get hung up.

Take a look and see what you think.

http://www.eberlestock.com/slingshot.htm
Old 07-25-2006, 03:01 PM

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0027271516505a&type=product&cm Cat=search&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&No=20&noImage=0&Ntt=cabel as+backpack&Ntk=Products&QueryText=cabelas +backpack&Ntx=mode+matchall&N=4887&Nty =1

My mom and dad bought me this for my 16th birthday. It is really nice and as you can read on the site that it is waterproof and it can be used in many different ways. Check it out. Its worth it.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is the one I use. Very tough and quiet. I think a great price as well.Never used a vest and don't think I would like it. You'd always have to wear it and I change clothes often on a hunt of any length.

http://www.methodsusa.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idcategory=14&idproduct=219
Old 07-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use both. I carry allo fthe small used a lot stuff like range finder, binos, wind checker grunt tube, etc... in the vest. Everyting else I carry in the backpack or fanny pack.

Quick Reply: BackPacks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.