Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Eastman Outfitter Magnum Blind

Old 07-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default Eastman Outfitter Magnum Blind

Any of you own one of these? With shipping they are around $100 on eBay. I know its not a double bull but it looks good for the price. It is78 inches tall, 71 inches wide and is 19 lbs.

Pros and cons?
Old 07-18-2006, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Eastman Outfitter Magnum Blind

I recently purchased the Carbon Venture blind with the safari system and was pleased with the value and quality (so far). I have yet to hunt with it, but set it up in the backyard next to my trophy den for comparison.

Old 07-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pros- they go up quickly, are stable even before staking them down, all black inside with the scent elimination stuff, magnetic windows that are on the inside, shoot through screen on outside, have brush loop sewn in all around the perimeter for brushing it in or attatching the safai system, built in pouches inside to store gear, a camera port sen in & price for what you get is hard to beat.

Cons- made in china, but so are the double bulls so oh well.

If I had more money laying around I'd probably buy more. This is one of those -sure felt like you got a lot for the amount paid items- those are getting hard to come buy in my world.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

Did you order it from Cabelas? How tall and wide?
Old 07-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

DaveC, that looks pretty good. I was thinking of getting one of those. I've got a Doghouse TSC and its o.k. but the Carbon Venture looked to me to be a better blind. Nice.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:42 PM

The nice thing about the Safari System is it takes away the shine. They are plenty big to bowhunt out of, that's for sure.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

No cableas, I purchased this one off e-bay.
It's 60x60x69, not the magnum.
It is the regular carbon venture.

It's the same as the one in the cables bargain cave.

I'm glad I decided to practice shooting from them because one of my chairs turned out to be about 3" too low to shoot from without hitting the window frame.
Time for another chair.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:38 AM

Does your local sporting goods store or pro shop have it? If so, I'd go in with your bow if possible and practice drawing as if you were in a hunting situation.

DaveC has a good point. You have to be comfortable shooting out of the blind and this often means sitting, kneeling, or even squatting while shooting. I just got a new blind and set it up the other night to shoot out of, practicing shooting out the various windows to see what position I'd need to be in make the shot. For some reason, I usually feel more comfortable and accurate practicing with my 3d in this situation as it feels more realistic.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:45 AM
Dominant Buck

You know.....though I own a DB Matrix....I think SOMEBODY is missing a GOLDEN opportunity to introduce/market/sell a great blind. There seems to be 1 great blind out there.....and MANY "OK" blinds.

The only thing I can see that's concerning with this one is....it looks "shiny". If an add-on gets rid of that.....it looks like a good blind. I like the looks of it.

Jeff