Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bought a ThermaCell today..

Old 07-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bought a ThermaCell today..

True that, waaay too much sense.

Most deer probably wouldn't care and I've hunted plenty that will let you get away with small out of place oddities, that's whyI specified the East Texas variety (timber land pine forest). They seem to be the spookiest deer I've come across (thanks to a steady diet of tresspassers and spotlightingpoachers). I've got numerous stories, but one of the top of my head- I had 3 does feeding calmly at 15-20 yards without a care in the world. My wrist watch went beep-beep on the hour chimeand all 3 came out of their skins I high tailed it. I mean beep-beep, sounds like another bird to me[>:].
Old 07-19-2006, 08:27 AM

Default RE: Bought a ThermaCell today..

The Thermacell works great for keeping away the little buggers. I do smell a slight odor but it doesn't seem to bother the deer here in Md. I think they are used to different smells due to the close proximity to humans.

I agree about the scented/repellant pads. That would make way too much sense. I haven't tried the scented pads yet.