Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A fawn with spots in november?

Old 07-18-2006, 05:00 PM
Spike

Default RE: A fawn with spots in november?

I do the majority of my deer hunting in Alabama andthe rut is just getting in full swing when the season closes the last day of January. The result, plenty of spotted fawns in October, some in November, and occasionly one in December.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the bucks out number the does, than the breeding period should be short, not extended. When there are way too many does and few bucks, is when the later breeding would take place.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Patriot15

I know I'll probably get some crap for bringing this up now. But I hunt in North Central Texas and last deer season, about mid november, I saw a fawn with a doe and the fawn looked only about 3-4 weeks old and still had spots. Have ya'll heard about or seen a fawn this young in november? If ya'll think I'm full of it i'll scan the pics of it from my Stealth Cam and post it. What do ya'll think?
its been a few years back, but i seen some thing that surprised me one morning . i was hunting in my back yard ,about two hundred yards from my back door. i just gotten T'd off at my neighbor for chasing off all the deer that were coming my way ,but as i watched the deer circled back on him and came back to me .ya every time I'd be there just before sunup here he'd come in his red pick-up ,he'd wave and drive on.sometimes he come back twice . but he's dead now so no more problem. any way just before them deer got to me this small buck walks in under me. i came to full draw, as i eyed him for the shot ,i saw down his back was a row of spots .and he had a rack not a big rack but a rack , well it was his unlucky day and all i could do was chuck el at what my now dead neighbor tryed to do.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

We actually had a doe that gave birth in October this past year. We actually thought the doe was sick and had talked about putting her down in September, then out came the fawn. Both survived the winter. A biologist friend of mine called it a fluke.

Kelly
Old 07-18-2006, 08:52 PM

if he hunts anywhere where i hunt in Texas, the buck:doe ratio is a whole lot of does to very minimal amout of bucks to say the least
Old 07-18-2006, 11:22 PM
Dominant Buck

It's a gift from god. Most call it dinner.