Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pre Season Findings(Looking Good!!)

Old 07-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Pre Season Findings(Looking Good!!)

Here is a little history.
Last year while elk hunting my buddy and I came across a nice wollow. After almost five days of hard hunting and few animals we threw a game camera and ground blind up and hoped for the best. We came in the next morning and could smell the elk, we knew we were close. My camera cought this image not 10 min before we got there.

Well we never could get close enough to him that day to close the deal, but it was not for lack of effort. A few days later we were sitting in the blind overlooking the wollow when a nice blond bear came in to the wollow. The first day of the hunt filled my bear tag

So my buddy was up. As he positioned for the easy shot his broadhead scrapped the blind and the unique bear took off and vanished. Well last week I put up my gave camera over the wollow again and lookie who made it through the winter!!

With all the deer, elk and bear sign we have seen already, this hunting season has the makings of a good one.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pre Season Findings(Looking Good!!)

update. (if anybody cares)

We checked on the camera's yesterday and set another. That bear seems to be playing with the camera in that area. We found it hanging from the tree and the pics on it were nothing but out of focus hair shots. I need to find a way to secure it to the tree better.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

Very nice pictures and good luck on the really light colored bear and of course good luck on the elk. seems like you got a real honey hole there.

Best I can say for the camera would be get a Bear box for them and spray on some tobasco on them. I have heard they don't like the taste of the hot stuff...lol

Trytan
Old 07-18-2006, 11:15 AM

AWSOME PICS LOVE THE BEAR PICS,GOOD LUCK WITH THE BLONDE