Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

world record or not

Old 07-16-2006, 05:37 PM

Default world record or not

i saw a hunting show today which peaked my curiosity. a hunter was attempting to take a male lion in africa with a bow,his guide was at his side wide a rifle as backup for safety. my question is this. if a hunter is attempting to take an animal with potential to become a new record for a bow and due to it maybe being a dangerous animal (lion, cape buffalo,etc) and someone must shoot for protection,does this still make it eligible as a bow kill record?
Old 07-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: world record or not

No
Old 07-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Spike

I would have to agree that if another weapon was used the animal would not qualify for the books even if the first shot with the bow was fatal.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

i saw that same show,lol he ended up getting the lion but after he shot it he ran backwards 100 yards because he thought it was going to attack him
Old 07-16-2006, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

For a fact it is no because i seen that show the lion charged and they ran off so it would count
Old 07-16-2006, 07:29 PM

Clear it up again, why did they ru? A buddy of mine always says, "if you're gonna be dumb you better be tuff!"
Old 07-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned

No; wasn't taken with a bow. I believe that Fred Bear had the same issue with many animals. HCH
Old 07-16-2006, 08:12 PM

nope doesnt count. and for me being an avid bowhunter id be damned to try and take a lion with a bow lol i mean ive seen national geographic. ive seen what they can do plus i eat what i kill and i would have no desire on eating an overgrown vicious house cat
Old 07-16-2006, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

yep, saw that show today...they shot the lion with the bow, it charged them, and they ran like 100 yards, waited, and went back to where they shot it and it was layin dead....i dont think they shot it with a rifle did they? they also shot a wounded lioness that came tooclose to their blind.....afterwards they stepped outside and the blind was shredded up from the lions claws.....talk about too close for comfort...
Old 07-16-2006, 09:27 PM

Nope, had to be unassisted by any other weapon. Bow kill is just that....a BOW kill......That dude's flat out .......crazy!!!! No way ...not me!

Quick Reply: world record or not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.