Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK, here's the deal w/ Elite...(what I was told, anyway)

Old 07-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: OK, here's the deal w/ Elite...(what I was told, anyway)

Although I haven't seen nor handled the Ross ,I read an article on them ,and i might say they do sound very sweet . But I love my BowTech and it'll take something real speacial to turn my interest in another direction .
Gibb your a stand up guy , and I'm real glad to hear you helped out a youngster get himself setup for hunting .But you sure set him up with a sweet sweet rig that anyone of us would love to own . Good job bud.

As for the Elite thing ,i have no more comment on it myself ,it's just too darn bad someone figured they could infringe on someone else's pattem's .Could cost him his or her company playing game's like this ,and it's too darn bad because there's alway's room for another sweet bow in the market.

nubo
Old 07-20-2006, 02:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks Mo.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:32 AM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Dave, I don't think you've got a thing to worry about.

Most of us old-timers hate to reference a thread on the "other" site... but I think this is one of the best dialogues I've seen in some time generated about this very topic.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=355146
i'm happy to go over it all in detail if you'd like.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gibblet

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor

and i won't buy another until some serious improvements are madeto at least the limbs.
Just by a Mathews! lol
seriously considering it. just sold my hunting bow to a neighborhood boy yesterday. its my favorite bow, but he's trying to get a bow and even a diamond package deal is $700. i sold him the '05 patriot with a new sts, sur-loc lethal weapon max (3 pin slider - $225), trophy taker, stealth stab, and a no-peep for $400. i'm in a better position to buy a new bow than he is. i'm going to throw some arrows in for him and all he needs is a release. i'm thinking abouta switchback or a ross 37".
To quote the immortal Mr. Rogers: "Won't you be my neighbor?"
Old 07-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the Elite on Tuesday night at my local pro-shop. They are going to be stocking them. As for my review..here it goes...please be gentle on the replies!

At first glance, I thought it was a bowtech, which is no surprise. The camo is very attractive. On the one with the brown-base camo, it looks almost like a miniature of some other patterns. The leaves are little so the entire leaf fits on the riser, look very cool. The cutouts on the riser are nice looking as are the cams. They have taken a lot of weight out of the cams by getting rid of lots of metal. The grip was super slim and sat nice in my hand. The don't come with any kind of vibration dampeners.

As far as shooting, this bow is FAST FAST FAST. The one I shot was 29" @ 70#. I shot one of my arrows (see sig) though it and I was over 300 FPS. The IBO arrow shoots at 329 if I'm not mistaken. The draw stackes very early so it is a bit of a beast to get back, but with I'm sure I could get used to it. On the shot, there was some vibration, but with some accessories that would disappear.

Overall, very cool bow and this company Im sure will make a splash. One other thing, the bow that I shot had a Winner's Choice string on it, in brown and yellow, and that definitely jumped it up some more in the looks department. Definitely check these bows out if you get the chance.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: gibblet

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor

[blockquote]quote:

and i won't buy another until some serious improvements are madeto at least the limbs. [/blockquote]

Just by a Mathews! lol
[/blockquote]

seriously considering it. just sold my hunting bow to a neighborhood boy yesterday. its my favorite bow, but he's trying to get a bow and even a diamond package deal is $700. i sold him the '05 patriot with a new sts, sur-loc lethal weapon max (3 pin slider - $225), trophy taker, stealth stab, and a no-peep for $400. i'm in a better position to buy a new bow than he is. i'm going to throw some arrows in for him and all he needs is a release. i'm thinking abouta switchback or a ross 37".
[/blockquote]
To quote the immortal Mr. Rogers: "Won't you be my neighbor?"
Good one Talondale....