Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK, here's the deal w/ Elite...(what I was told, anyway)

Old 07-17-2006, 05:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: OK, here's the deal w/ Elite...(what I was told, anyway)

Just read an article in Outdoor Life comparing an Elite to 17 others. Bottom line, 100 bucks cheaper, second fastest, a little heavier, moth wing camo, aluminum cable guard slide. They loved the wall and said it was "razor crisp".

They liked it a lot.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:37 AM

I have seen the bows they are sweet, I hope that they can work this out because they will be a force to the big 3.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

moth wing camo
They no longer use Mothwing camo I am told.
Gibblet, I am a little surprised you sold the Patriot. Best bow I have ever owned. My local 3D club shoots are usually dominated with Bowtech bows and I have yet to hear any of the shooters complain about any problems that you mentioned. A buddy just got an Equalizer recently and he is shooting better than ever and he is so happy with the bow he drives me nuts talking about it.

Old 07-17-2006, 07:13 AM

coug, it was just my papa instinct that kicked in. he really wanted the diamond but couldn't afford it. i was just happy to see him wanting to get into bow hunting too and made a sacrifice - its the best bow i've ever owned and its outfitted to the gills - so he gets a good deal - we've got another bow hunter in our ranks - and i'll figure out something before season. if i could afford to just give it to him outright i would have. i think he'll take it more seriously since he paid for it though.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:27 PM

The E500 we just sold the other day looked like Mothwing, but to be honest, I couldn't say for sure. It wasn't that nasty green they started out with.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gibblet

i talk to folks from all over the country pretty much every day - and there are a whole lot of issues with the system bowtech is currently producing. call it limbdeflection, cam lean - whatever you want- holes not being drilled straight thru the limb capscausing the tips of the caps to rub the cam - no spacers or bushings magnifying the issue - lots and lots of people having issues that i talk to.
Well that's just friggin great[:'(].
If there are any issues on my Tribute it will be my last Bowtech, but so far so good. So I shouldbe on the lookout for limb tip & cam rubbage?
Old 07-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dave, I don't think you've got a thing to worry about.

Most of us old-timers hate to reference a thread on the "other" site... but I think this is one of the best dialogues I've seen in some time generated about this very topic.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=355146
Old 07-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well now thay you all have sparked my interest in this Elite do they have a website?
Old 07-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

coug, it was just my papa instinct that kicked in. he really wanted the diamond but couldn't afford it. i was just happy to see him wanting to get into bow hunting too and made a sacrifice - its the best bow i've ever owned and its outfitted to the gills - so he gets a good deal - we've got another bow hunter in our ranks - and i'll figure out something before season. if i could afford to just give it to him outright i would have. i think he'll take it more seriously since he paid for it though.
Gibblet,
I'm impressed. Good for you for helping the kid out. And I must say I'm surprised you parted with your Patriot also. Having said that I handled a Ross myself recently ( didn't shoot it though ) and must say its a sweet drawing bow and looks extremely well made. They are getting a great reputation and following.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

Well now thay you all have sparked my interest in this Elite do they have a website?

www.elitearchery.com

5 more calls from people wanting one tonight. If they are going to list us as a dealer on their website (we are, and they did) I just wish they would get us some friggin bows already!!!! Oh, and the camo isn't Mothwing, it's E-Leaf, or something to that effect.

Quick Reply: OK, here's the deal w/ Elite...(what I was told, anyway)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.