Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK, here's the deal w/ Elite...(what I was told, anyway)

Old 07-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: OK, here's the deal w/ Elite...(what I was told, anyway)

how much are the elites
Old 07-16-2006, 12:49 AM

mobow and others,

Not to say anything contrary to the mod and his position, who may very well be 100% correct in all that he stated, but remember he IS a staff member and rep for Bowtech therefore he will have, and is in most cases is required to have, a specific outlook on the subject.

I only say this because I am somewhat familiar with the process of patent litigation via a relative who handles such. ie. there is always at least 2opinions to the argument which is why there are patent lawyers and courts to hear the cases and each side will continue to play their position until, and sometimes well after, that case is resolved. (think Micr0s0ft)
someone is usually correct and the other incorrect, but it is not always clear until the case is settled. And even then, one will also usually beleive that the case was decided properly and the other that it wasn't.
(and sometimes it isn't who is right, but who has the better legal team)

Again, Matt / PA, it is nothing against you or your company, I am only pointing this out because I think it should be noted that, frankly you would say what you did no matter if your company had a valid claim or not. It's just the reality of the legal situation.
Now if you are correct and a patent is being truely infrindged, then I hope you and yours pound it to them. If it's a legal quirk and discrepancy on some minor similarities...... too bad.

Just my point on this.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

So does Darton themselfs use this system? Iwould think not being it's an Exclusive deal. Is Darton making more money on this deal than if they just produced this cam ststem on thier own bows instead of selling it out to Bowtech?
Old 07-16-2006, 06:24 AM

if i were elite - i'd say good riddance to the binary system. i talk to folks from all over the country pretty much every day - and there are a whole lot of issues with the system bowtech is currently producing. call it limbdeflection, cam lean - whatever you want- holes not being drilled straight thru the limb capscausing the tips of the caps to rub the cam - no spacers or bushings magnifying the issue - lots and lots of people having issues that i talk to. i know there are a lot of staff shooters here who can't talk about it. i'm sorry to see elite out of it only because i do wonder whether usingquality limbs would fix the issues, and i'd hoped if elite showed that then bowtech would follow suit and i could see if there really is the potential for this system thatpeople think there is. right now its definately not perfected.i know i own 3 bowtechs. the patriot is by far the best one, and i won't buy another until some serious improvements are madeto at least the limbs.
Old 07-16-2006, 07:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm, not to get off topic here but no one has mentioned this yet and I am curious about this.

It was my understanding that Kevin Strother was the "master mind" behind the binary cam. Now it comes out that Darton holds the patton on it? Wow, this gets more interesting all the time!!!
Old 07-16-2006, 09:13 AM

When it comes to cams and DL modules, Darton owns just about every patent out there.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

and i won't buy another until some serious improvements are madeto at least the limbs.
Just by a Mathews! lol
Old 07-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

i looked at the elites and they look awesome the e500 you were talking about has an ibo of like 322-338 or something crazy like that
Old 07-16-2006, 10:02 AM

Before it was sold, the E500 we had, IBO legal, 30" draw, 70#'s, 350 gr arrow shot 341. That same bow, on a 28" draw, 6.2 grains per pound was shooting 288. These babies are no slouches to be sure.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:52 AM

ORIGINAL: idahoelkinstructor

and i won't buy another until some serious improvements are madeto at least the limbs.
Just by a Mathews! lol
seriously considering it. just sold my hunting bow to a neighborhood boy yesterday. its my favorite bow, but he's trying to get a bow and even a diamond package deal is $700. i sold him the '05 patriot with a new sts, sur-loc lethal weapon max (3 pin slider - $225), trophy taker, stealth stab, and a no-peep for $400. i'm in a better position to buy a new bow than he is. i'm going to throw some arrows in for him and all he needs is a release. i'm thinking abouta switchback or a ross 37".

Quick Reply: OK, here's the deal w/ Elite...(what I was told, anyway)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.