Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

One of last years bucks is back...

Old 07-11-2006, 08:02 PM

Default One of last years bucks is back...

Well, I went today and checked my cuddeback, and had a buck on there , that I got several pics of last fall. Last fall he wasnt a shooter, and really this year he isnt still, but it seems he just wont grow more than a brow tine on his left antler, so I might take him if I get the opportunity. What does everyone think, is this probably genetic, and how much more tine length should he get before he quits growing this set of antlers, I dont think he will get much bigger. Thanks for looking. This is a pic of him from last fall,,, 05.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:04 PM

Default RE: One of last years bucks is back...

Very nice!!! I wish you luck! That'sa good buck for that part of the country. Did I tell you we took a 174 off of our farm down there last fall?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:04 PM

Here is a pic of him this summer, a few days ago.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would let him grow because if you notice he is growing a g2 (correct me if i am wrong guys i always jsut called the points) on that antler for one more year but if no more noticeable points next year take him outta the herd
Old 07-11-2006, 08:09 PM

His rack was messed up the year before, oneshot. I suspect he's had some body trauma to his right side. That left antler is always going to be buggered up. That's a good one, let 'er fly!!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:10 PM

mobowhuntr,, No you didnt tell me you got one that big down here,, dod you get it or someone hunting with you?? Where did you take it to have it mounted,, I m not absolutely sure where your hunting property is, but it sounds like it is near one of my good friend taxidermy shops, though you may have taken it there, He did get a couple that big last fall. This one still needs more growing to be a shooter on our farm, but may get taken I just cant decide yet. Mobow,, we still need to get together and shoot or hunt sometime, when your down here. See ya
Old 07-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

yea i thought bout that mo but it looks more like genetics caused it to him so i would tak ehim this year i change my answer dont want him breeding if it is genetic
Old 07-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's just cool to be able to see the same buck year after year. Nice pics.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:12 PM

That is really interesting.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:14 PM

Angus, my buddy that has the farm shot him during rifle season. I am not sure where he took it to get it stuffed, but it wasn't anywhere there, was up here somewhere. We also saw 2 others that would be in the 140's or 50's, and we've done a lot of work there this spring. Our hopes are very high, indeed!

Yes, you are right. We do need to do some shooting or hunting this year. I plan on making about 5 trips down there this fall, one of those being almost a week. I think we have a shoot here in August and one in September if you're interested.

Quick Reply: One of last years bucks is back...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.