Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Found in PA

Old 07-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Found in PA

I agree, I am only saying what the law is. Dont want to see someone get in trouble for such split hairs. I had a run in with the PGC on this issue and they walked off with buckets of bones and skulls I had from found dead deer. I had a warning and told next time I would be prosecuted.Aint rying to be a jerk.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:10 PM
Dominant Buck

Oh come on Cardeer. I was hoping for a good 20 page back and forth. Where's Atlasman when you need him.

No I can believe it. I guess they suspect you were a poacher or something.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

very impressive deer. cardeer is correct though, it is illegal to take from the woods. and he is correct, there are eyes watching. i heard of guys being prosecuted by posting things jussssssst like that on other forums. theres a huntingpa forum and theres a good number or WCOs that visit. i dont care that you take them as long as you aint out there killing them and claiming it as a "find" which is why that law is in place. just gota watch what you post on the internet these days. sad but thats reality.

on a side note, are we supposed to KEEP the tags from our harvests as PROOF that they were legally taken and tagged?? just kinda curious....maybe ill post that on that forum for the WCOs to answer....
Old 07-11-2006, 08:31 PM

Well at least there is some wicked awsome genetics in the area

Tim
Old 07-12-2006, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

If you found that in PA you must pay the game commision to recover those set of antlers....unless they consider those a shed........who knows.[8D] But it is a nice deer. A friend of mine lives out there. I will forward this on to him. thanks for sharing.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

Laws have changed according to the last commissioner I talked to...it'd be good to know the current reading tho. I'd have no problem picking up an old skull like that and unless the PGC'er was being a power hungry Barney Fife, I doubt they'd care either.

In Cardeer's case, when was that old friend?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

I Know tha the fee went up from 50 to $75.00 for a salvage permit. I had a road kill doe with fawn and if I wanted the fawn I had to pay $75.00 for the permit but they had noproblem with the doe. SO of course 75 dollars later i was able to keep the fawm. I will post a pic of the mount. It was freeze dried and thne placed ina acool habitat. for the PGC it is all about the benjamins.[8D]
Old 07-12-2006, 10:34 PM

nice skull, I am hope some of those genetics made there way in to Allegheny or westmoreland counties!!!! Good luck hunting this year!
Old 07-13-2006, 02:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Laws have changed according to the last commissioner I talked to...it'd be good to know the current reading tho. I'd have no problem picking up an old skull like that and unless the PGC'er was being a power hungry Barney Fife, I doubt they'd care either.

In Cardeer's case, when was that old friend?
Fall of 2003. I had pieces of antler hanging on my wash line to make necklaces. I had a couple buckets of skulls with antlers on them ,some rib bonnes and a couple old legs from deer I shot.He would not believe me I was making the necklaces to give away.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Dominant Buck

$75 is cheap. These two cost my friend $250 each to get them from DNR. They were unborn. They are my favorite mounts.

Quick Reply: Found in PA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.