Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New guy here

Old 07-11-2006, 12:13 PM

Default New guy here

Hey just signed up and wanted to say hey to all the guys n gals that make this place work. I will be asking plenty of questions as I just got a new bow and fixing to get serious with this bow hunting stuff. I have bow hunted for about 15 years off and onwith out any luck. Granted I have never had much of a place to go, just had fun as long as I was sitting in a tree opening morning of bow season watching everything come to life after a long summer of waiting. Now I have a great lease in South East Arkansas and Killed 3- 8pts and a 5 point cull buck that needed to be removed and a doe, thedoe waswith a muzzle loader. I saw another 3 8-points during my huntingjust couldnt get a clean shot. My buddy that got me on the lease has hunted there his whole life (25 years) and has never killed anything bigger than a 6 point, but hes not as dedicated as I am, hes there mostly to relax and enjoy the camping. Hes the kind of guy where if he cant drive his 4wheeler to the stand hes not hunting. I will walk for hours in the darkjust to get away from everybody else.Last year was my first year on the lease andI am really looking forward to getting there early this coming year and trying bowhunting. Heck in 15 years of trying I have never even seen a deer at ALL! I think I am proficeint enough with a gun, time to turn it up a notch or two.So I have a new bow and I am in the process of getting it all ready for next year.
Hopefully I will have some good pics for yall!
Howdy again
Old 07-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New guy here

Hello LaHoytguy
Welcome to the forums your gonna like here.
Old 07-11-2006, 03:46 PM

Welcome to the forum. All I can say is that this forum is the best on the web and that I have learned alot in the short time that I have been here. So once again welcome to the website.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Howdy, hope you like this place.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:21 PM

welcome my fellow hoytian
Old 07-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heck in 15 years of trying I have never even seen a deer at ALL! my lord whyd u stay with it i see them on the highway every day almost well this a great place to learn about any aspect of hunting
Old 07-11-2006, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like me. It took me 9 years and 3 states of serious learn and hunting before I got my first deer. But there are way more deer now then when I was young. Welcome and get the state record this year, Mike
Old 07-11-2006, 06:44 PM

WELCOME!!! Now, I've already got a question for you. You stated you just bought a new bow, but by golly, you didn't tell us what it is!!! Come on now, you should know better than that by now......pics are always good too!
Old 07-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome new guy....have a wonderful time, you've found a great home here.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:21 AM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

Heck in 15 years of trying I have never even seen a deer at ALL! my lord whyd u stay with it i see them on the highway every day almost well this a great place to learn about any aspect of hunting
Well I would just hunt for a couple of hours before a college class in some stretch of woods a few hundred yards wide, or some brand new small hunting lease where I would try to find some scrape line but all the deer I would be hunting would be largely nocturnal from being so close to town. I didnt care as long as I got to hunt it was a good time, it wasnt allways about killing stuff. I never got serious with it, just an excuse to go to the woods and skip class/work.
Thank you for the welcome, I have used forums similar to this for drag racing and bass fishing and have learned ALOT about stuff, so I figured I needed a place like this for bowhunting. Stuff has changed so much for bow hunting in the last 10 years I had to junk my old PSE bow that I used forever and get a good bow. After I get it set up I will post a pic.
Thanks again yall!!
Clint

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.